Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

ky...@sandyeggo.com

Feb 8, 2016, 9:42:27 PM2/8/16
to TheMakerMap
It sure would be nice if the admin would respond and update the map.  Is that not the point?

Renee DiResta

Feb 9, 2016, 6:53:51 PM2/9/16
to TheMakerMap
Which update didn't you see?
The admin is one person with a job. This is open-source. Please feel free to volunteer as a contributor to the project.

Kyle Emerick

Feb 9, 2016, 7:00:25 PM2/9/16
to thema...@googlegroups.com

For Sandy Eggo CNC, my business.

It sounds like you need some help. Please let me know what the work would entail. I am interested in helping. I'm a Senior IT Analyst if that helps. It would be nice to have an approval system where once approved, new entries are automatically added. Then again I'm unfamiliar with the backend, currently. Cheers.

Renee DiResta

Feb 9, 2016, 7:01:08 PM2/9/16
to TheMakerMap
I see no other requests from you and so, I have no idea what your complaint is about.
Just started a new Modification Request thread. Please post the specifics in there.

Kyle Emerick

Feb 9, 2016, 7:05:49 PM2/9/16
to thema...@googlegroups.com

Twice I used the Google Form to enter my info. I will do so as you suggested. Also please let me know if you want help. I think the map serves a great purpose.

Renee DiResta

Feb 9, 2016, 7:10:04 PM2/9/16
to TheMakerMap
It's syncing now - last update was 1/15. You were 1/20 and then 2/6. :) Sorry for the delay, it should be up shortly.

The sync function is a PITA because it was built on Google Fusion Tables, which they've since deprecated and that makes maintenance a disaster. Let me ping the other front end folks - we have over 1800 entries at this point, so it definitely makes sense to migrate to something "real". And we would love your help.

Kyle Emerick

Feb 9, 2016, 7:19:08 PM2/9/16
to thema...@googlegroups.com

That sounds just like Google. I'm willing to help if I can, or see if some of my programming type friends could.

s...@salusinc.com

Feb 10, 2016, 11:14:01 AM2/10/16
to TheMakerMap
Hi Renee,
I would also be willing to help. Could you let us know what areas you need help with along with the work that is entailed?
Thanks.
--Sam

waldma...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2016, 1:13:09 PM7/14/16
to TheMakerMap, s...@salusinc.com
Hi everyone,

We're developing a fully open source wiki-platform in the spirit of the MakerMap, and would love to collaborate with you all! We have funding (through German government aid organization and the Fab Foundation) for both development and 3-5 years of maintenance. Would you be interested in migrating to our platform, and perhaps working with our team?

Please check out our initiative here: https://github.com/AnanseGroup/ananse-map

All my best,
Anna Waldman-Brown
anansegroup.com

mken...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2016, 5:32:16 PM7/14/16
to TheMakerMap, s...@salusinc.com, waldma...@gmail.com

This seems very interesting. I am with Make Nashville and would be interested in learning more, particularly if your platform will allow for crowdsourced edits (a lot of entries on the current maps are out of date and some need to be removed).

Renee DiResta

Jul 14, 2016, 9:47:26 PM7/14/16
to TheMakerMap
Happy to chat about it. Ping me and let's talk.

Renee DiResta

Jul 14, 2016, 9:48:23 PM7/14/16
to TheMakerMap
We moved away from open-source Wiki for a reason: lots of crap spam entries. I'm curious to learn how you plan to moderate.