The Frontstretch Newsletter SPECIAL EDITION: Kurt Busch Suspended Indefinitely

Frontstretch.com

Feb 21, 2015, 11:26:05 AM2/21/15
to The Frontstretch
THE FRONTSTRETCH NEWSLETTER
Presented by Frontstretch.com
The Best Seat at the Track, The Best View on the Net!
Feb. 21, 2015
Volume IX, Edition XVI
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JOIN FRONTSTRETCH FANTASY RACING! Come on in and join our NEW Frontstretch fantasy group at NASCAR.com. It's not too late! Easy to sign up and you can play with Tom Bowles, new writer Nathan Kilmer and plenty of your Frontstretch favorites. Click here to sign up (we are doing the Fantasy Live game) and you never know what you might win for finishing first ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FRONTSTRETCH AT THE TRACK! We're at the track from Daytona covering all the Sprint Unlimited action. Follow our Editor-in-Chief/Writer, Tom Bowles at @NASCARBowles, our talented reporter Mike Neff at @MNeffShortTrack and be sure to check our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all the latest news, reaction, and results from a full day down at the 2.5-mile superspeedway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What to Watch: Saturday

- Today, the XFINITY Series will hold their season opener at Daytona International Speedway.  Qualifying is scheduled for Noon, while pre-race coverage will begin with the new NASCAR RaceDay-XFINITY Edition at 3 p.m. on FOX Sports 1.

~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend's TV Schedule can be found in Couch Potato Tuesday here.

Top News
by the Frontstretch Staff

Kurt Busch Details Released; NASCAR Suspends Him Indefinitely

On Friday afternoon, the full details of the Kent County Family Court Commissioner's opinion that resulted in Patricia Driscoll being awarded a protective order on Monday were released.  The Commissioner stated in his writing that he believed that it was more likely than not that a domestic violence incident had occurred.  In response, NASCAR indefinitely suspended Kurt Busch for his actions.  Read more

We are continuing to update the story as more statements are released and additional news breaks.  The updates can be found here.

Regan Smith To Sub For Kurt Busch; Future TBD For No. 41 Team

After the news of Kurt Busch's indefinite suspension was announced by NASCAR, Stewart-Haas Racing was forced to put their backup plan into motion.  Late Friday night, the team announced that Regan Smith will drive the No. 41 in place of Kurt Busch in Sunday's Daytona 500.  Read more

Tyler Reddick Claims NextEra Energy Resources 250 for First Career Win

Tyler Reddick earned his first career Camping World Truck Series victory on Friday night by manipulating the draft and keeping teammate Austin Theriault right on his tail until the final moments.  Theriault's bumps were enough to keep Reddick ahead of a charging Erik Jones at the line.  Scott Lagasse, Jr. was third, Theriault fourth in his Camping World Truck Series debut and Ray Black, Jr. finished a career-best fifth despite going below the yellow line in the final 500 feet of the race.  For a full recap of the action, check out Tracking the Trucks here.

Pole Sitter Jeff Gordon Paces Friday’s First Practice

Before NASCAR's big announcement, the teams that successfully qualified for the Daytona 500 returned to the track for more practice on Friday.  After the chaotic duels, more than a few teams took the first session off.  Jeff Gordon turned in the fastest lap of 17 brave souls to venture onto the 2.5 mile tri-oval with a lap of 193.079 mph.  Read more

Kyle Busch Wins First XFINITY Series Practice of 2015

Friday saw the first on-track action for the newly-renamed XFINITY Series.  Even with the draft in play, Kyle Busch picked right up from where he left off, posting the fastest lap with a time of 46.953 seconds (191.681 mph), more than a quarter of a second faster than Justin Marks. Mike Wallace, who was fastest in Happy Hour, was third quickest, followed by Darrell Wallace, Jr. and Ty Dillon.  Read more

Have news for The Frontstretch?  Don't hesitate to let us know; email us at phil.a...@frontstretch.com with a promising lead or tip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FRONTSTRETCH JOB: WEBMASTER
Frontstretch.com is looking for a talented and motivated individual to fulfill the role of the site's webmaster. The ideal candidate must be highly proficient in WordPress, as the site recently converted from Textpattern to WordPress as the content management system. The webmaster will assist with leftover conversion tasks, work with the management team to implement site enhancements and help troubleshoot problems as they arise. The candidate must also have a working knowledge of search engine optimization strategies to help improve search rankings for the site. Motorsports knowledge is preferred but not required. The candidate should have on average at least 1-2 hours per week to devote to Fronstretch initiatives. If you are interested, please contact our Business Manager, Tony Lumbis at Tony....@gmail.com.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TODAY AT FRONTSTRETCH:

by Nathan Kilmer

by the Frontstretch Staff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FRONTSTRETCH TRIVIA:

Q: In 1994, Michael Waltrip had one of the best cars in the Goody's 300 at Daytona, running for much of the race in the lead group.  However, a rather bizarre instance put him back in the group and out of the hunt.  What happened?

Check back Monday for the answer, here in the Frontstretch Newsletter!
COMING MONDAY
In The Frontstretch Newsletter:
We'll have recaps of all season openers this weekend from Daytona.

On Frontstretch.com:
We'll have a series of post-race commentaries breaking down the Daytona 500 and what we can learn from it for the rest of the year.
Talk back to the Frontstretch Newsletter!
Got something to say about an article you've seen in the newsletter? It's as easy as replying directly to this message or sending an email to edi...@frontstretch.com. We'll take the best comments and publish them here!
©2015 Frontstretch.com