The Frontstretch Newsletter: Duck Commander 500 Race Day

Frontstretch.com

Apr 9, 2016, 1:09:51 PM4/9/16
to The Frontstretch
THE FRONTSTRETCH NEWSLETTER
Presented by Frontstretch.com
The Best Seat at the Track, The Best View on the Net!
Apr. 9, 2016
Volume X, Edition XLVIII

~~~~~~~~~~

Duck Commander 500
6:30 p.m. ET on FOX
334 laps, 501 miles

Follow along with us live from Texas Motor Speedway:

~~~~~~~~~~

Top News
by Beth Lunkenheimer

Kyle Busch Dominates O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 for 4th Win

Kyle Busch continued his winning ways at Texas Motor Speedway Friday night, scoring a record eighth victory at the track. Erik Jones finished second. Read more.

Martin Truex, Jr. Paces Final Duck Commander 500 Practice

The Sprint Cup Series ran its final practice session in preparation for tonight's Duck Commander 500 on Friday afternoon. Martin Truex, Jr. jumped to the top of the charts early and remained there for the entire 80 minute session. Read more.

Charlotte Motor Speedway Announces Coca-Cola 600 Pre-race Plans

Charlotte Motor Speedway announced the festivities for the Memorial Day weekend Coca-Cola 600 Friday afternoon at Texas Motor Speedway. As a part of the salute to the Armed Forces, 600 U.S. Army soldiers marching through the grandstands before they hold two large American flags in the infield. Read more.

Carl Edwards Snags Duck Commander 500 Pole

Carl Edwards will lead the field to the green in tonight's Duck Commander 500. He will be joined by Joey Logano, Martin Truex, Jr., Chase Elliott and Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. in the top 5. Read more.

Texas Motor Speedway Unveils New Mascot

TMS president Eddie Gossage announced Friday that he had acquired Lil' Dale, a goat that gained recognition in 2002 for the number three in its fur, and it will be a part of the speedway for years to come. Read more.

~~~~~~~~~~

TODAY ON FRONTSTRETCH:

by the Frontstretch Staff
by Huston Ladner

~~~~~~~~~~

JOB POSTING: SALES & BRANDING MANAGER

Frontstretch is seeking a dynamic, creative individual to head our sales team. The individual would be responsible for the following:

- Engaging new partners and taking the lead in brokering agreements for sales & advertising across all Frontstretch outlets: Website, Newsletter, Podcast, and video content
- Responding to exposure inquiries from potential advertisers
- Working with our social media team to enhance the marketing and branding experience for our advertising clients

The position will be a direct report to our Business and Financial Manager, a position that also will work closely with the Majority Owner and Social Media team. A fast-growing website whose writers have won multiple NMPA Awards, the Frontstretch is well-positioned for success in 2016 and has a healthy audience of over seven figures per year.

The role, while initially commission-based offers a generous percentage and perks down the road for this startup company. Frontstretch management has, in many cases been in place for nearly a decade before becoming a for-profit website and we're excited to welcome the right person into this family atmosphere.

Interested parties should email tbow...@yahoo.com with a short note on why they're interested and their current resume. Serious inquiries only.

~~~~~~~~~~

FRONTSTRETCH TRIVIA:

Q: During Thursday's coverage of Sprint Cup practice from Texas, Jeff Gordon described how the track flattens out significantly at the exit of turn 4.  However, Gordon was referring to the revised setup.  When was turn 4 at Texas re-profiled to make the corner less likely to throw drivers into the wall?

Check back Monday for the answer, here in the Frontstretch Newsletter!

Thursday's Answer:

Q: You've probably seen the clip of Dale Earnhardt running to meet his son in Victory Lane at Texas in 2000 after Dale Earnhardt, Jr. won his first Winston Cup race.  Who did Earnhardt shove out of the way and deposit on his tokhes in order to get to Dale Jr. first?

A: Earnhardt basically knocked over Jade Gurss, Earnhardt Jr.'s PR rep at the time (today, Gurss is an accomplished author of books (In the Red: The 2001 Season with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Beast: The Top Secret Ilmor-Penske Engine That Shocked The Racing World At The Indy 500) and a PR representative for Mazda).  In the book Driver #8 (written by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Gurss), the situation was described thusly: "As [Gurss] is within reach of the cockpit, a huge hand grabs him by the shoulder, throwing him backwards like an empty can of Bud.  The team owner has arrived, and nothing and no one is standing between Dale Earnhardt, Sr. and me."

COMING MONDAY

In The Frontstretch Newsletter:
We'll have a recap of the Duck Commander 500 from Texas Motor Speedway.  There will also be an update on the points and any other news that breaks this weekend.

On Frontstretch.com:
We'll have a series of post-race commentaries breaking down this weekend's action in Texas.

Talk back to the Frontstretch Newsletter!
Got something to say about an article you've seen in the newsletter? It's as easy as replying directly to this message or sending an email to edi...@frontstretch.com. We'll take the best comments and publish them here!
©2016 Frontstretch.com