This Month's TWARC Club Meeting

peter belbin

Sep 13, 2012, 11:18:46 PM9/13/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
At this months club meeting (Sept 20th) Larry is going to bring and provide information on the multi-band end-fed HF vertical antenna that he's built recently, and is offering to help make it possible for others to build it too.

The idea being that the following month (October) the club night will be another construction night.  This time, building the antennas.

I've mentioned in email about this antenna previously.

For anyone still wondering, it's going to cost about $20 to build, but, there are some parts that need to be ordered ahead of time (eg: the torroid), so you need to speak up soon if you want to make one.

It seems that this antenna equates to about a 1/4 wave on 40m, and is usable through to the 6m band, if I have the details correct.

As to how to use it, well, one idea is that you shoot a line up in a tree, and pull it up (very hard to be seen), or, it could also go on the end of some push-up pole type things, and very quickly have you on some very useful HF bands - especially if you're talking about a rapid deployment scenario.

There will be other things on the menu for the meeting, but I really do encourage anyone vaguely interested in HF to come and take a look, and, if the simplicity and/or utility of this design appeals to you, please get your funds to Larry so that he can order in the parts.

Even if you don't have much use for HF right now, it's often the case that when you do get your HF priveliges, one of lifes mysteries is what kind of antenna to then get.  If you get one of these, you'll be not having to worry about that immediately!

Reports of the effectiveness of this design indicate that it performs very well for what it is.  After all, it is $20 worth in parts - so it's not going to out transmit someone with a four element yagi, but, it's not going to be quite as 'in your face' as a yagi either!!

So, put it on your calendar, and come along to the meeting to learn more about it, and decide whether it's for you!

all the best,
peter.

urlrewriter

Sep 18, 2012, 10:24:07 PM9/18/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Ok, this time, it *is* the club meeting this Thursday, at the usual place, usual time (http://www.twarc.org/general-information/monthlyclubmeeting)

We will not only *see* the end-fed vertical, but we'll get to try making some PSK31 contacts with it too.

Please feel welcome to attend.

And, bring your $20 with you for Larry, and get it pre-paid for, so that next month, you can enjoy building one for yourself.

all the best,
Peter KE5STL

See you there!

peter belbin

Sep 20, 2012, 9:48:14 AM9/20/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Last minute reminder of tonights club meeting.

See you there!

444.1 will be talk-in.

all the best,
peter.

peter belbin

Oct 2, 2012, 10:10:51 PM10/2/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone.

We had a really good turn-out to last month's club meeting, and the show'n' tell by Larry and Charles (great job guys!) was really good.

If you recall, we learnt about Larry's 40m-6m end-fed vertical HF antenna, and we saw how well it worked on 20m for PSK31.

As we were wrapping things up, I hooked up an antenna analyzer, and this indicated that the antenna had a very low SWR over what seemed like the entire 20m band, and, had nice repititions of that behavior on frequency bands above and below as well.

This month's meeting is going to be some more fun, but this time, we're going to have a construction night for those same antennas.

If you would like to build one of these for yourself, please check out the link to the construction into etc, and contact Larry either directly by email (larrydbrown at mac.com) to reserve yours, and arrange for payment of the $20 cost to him.

This is a really good way to quickly be able to get on the air for any temporary use scenario.

Note: If you want to build it, but can not be there at the club meeting / construction evening, don't let that stop you.  Larry is happy to get the kit put together and get you the parts.  We could even have another construction opportunity on another club night, if that's of help.

peter belbin

Oct 13, 2012, 3:32:26 PM10/13/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Please remember that this Thursday is going to be focussed on constructing the 40m-6m end-fed vertical antenna kits that people have paid Larry for.

You may yet have a chance to build one of these anntennas for $20 if you contact Larry asap. ( at larrydbrown [at] mac.com )

Regardless of whether you are building one of these antennas yourself or not, please do join us.

There will also be some interesting show and tell items as well, which, together with the antennas, should make for an interesting evening.

So, put it on your calendars, and come join the fun.

All the best,

Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Oct 17, 2012, 8:36:06 AM10/17/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder:

The October club meeting is this Thursday at 7pm, at the usual location (see here for info).

While the construction of the antenna kits from Larry will be the main activity, there will be other things to see, and discuss, so, please, regardless of whether you have chosen to build an antenna, do attend.

eg: If you want to see the latest Elekraft ultra portable HF rig, be at the club meeting!

peter belbin

Oct 18, 2012, 10:49:35 AM10/18/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: the October club meeting is tonight at 7pm.

all the best,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Nov 13, 2012, 7:22:15 PM11/13/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Appologies for the late notice, but the third thursday of the month has snuck up on us, on account of the 1st of the month being a Thursday.

It seems like it's a week too early, but it's not!

So, if you can make it, please do.

Usual time / place (see http://www.twarc.org/general-information/monthlyclubmeeting for time / place / map)

This month we'll have a 'show and tell' night, followed by some face to face rag chewing, I'm sure!  Always good fun.

I would also like to hear as to what meeting topics you'd like to have presentations on.

See you there!

all the best,

Peter Belbin KE5STL

peter belbin

Dec 13, 2012, 9:39:10 AM12/13/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Greetings and Salutations!

On the 20th (Thursday) we will again have our monthly meeting at the usual location (see here).

The main presentation will be from Larry and Charles, on the topic of remote rig control, and I believe we'll be experiencing a live demonstration of at least one solution!

So, please do attend, and I'm sure there will be other topics of discussion as well.

If you receive the QST magazine, the January edition is out, with a focus on do-it-yourself projects, and, perhaps we would like to identify a project or two from that to look at doing in the new year as well.

All the very best to you and yours this Christmas & Holiday season!

Peter KE5STL

Please note: everyone with an interest in amateur radio is welcome to attend!  If you know of people that meet that requirement, please pass this information along!

peter belbin

Dec 18, 2012, 9:36:36 AM12/18/12
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

This is a friendly reminder that Thursday, we'll be meeting again, so, if you're available, it'll be great to see you there!

As previously mentioned, we'll have an interesting presentation to see, and, I'm sure there will be time for interesting discussion too.

Regardless as to whether you can attend,  we hope that you and yours are enjoying the time of year, and making the most of it.

All the very best,

Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jan 12, 2013, 12:38:23 PM1/12/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year everyone!

We'll be kicking off 2013's monthly The Woodlands Amateur Radio Club meetings with a show and tell (and opportunity to try out) the Elecraft KX3 HF Transceiver by James.

This is the physically diminuitive but big performing transceiver that's been garnering some highly sought after ratings from those that compare.

The meeting will be at the usual time (7PM) and place (see: here ).

Even if that is not of particular interest, I'm sure there will be other things to discuss as well. :)

So, put it on your calendar, and I hope we'll see you there!

All the Best to You and Yours!

Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jan 15, 2013, 10:05:34 PM1/15/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

This is a friendly reminder that Thursday night, we have our club meeting.

see the earlier post (below) for details.

see you there! :)

all the best,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jan 17, 2013, 12:48:46 PM1/17/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Last reminder for the club meeting tonight!

see below for details.

all the best,
Peter  KE5STL

peter belbin

Feb 18, 2013, 9:59:24 PM2/18/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

This is the first reminder that this month's club meeting is this week (Thursday, 21st) at the usual time and place (see here).

This month, George has graciously offered to bring along a number of interesting items for us to learn about, and learn from.

So, please do plan to attend if at all possible.

And, of course, I'm sure there will be some lively discussion also!

peter belbin

Feb 20, 2013, 7:21:21 PM2/20/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!  This is a friendly reminder that:

Tomorrow night is the Club Meeting for this month!

Please do attend if possible.  I believe it will be quite interesting!  But, you'll have to be there to participate.

all the best,
Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Feb 21, 2013, 3:53:27 PM2/21/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Last reminder for this month:  tonight is the club meeting.

George is bringing along some interesting things that will help understand what's happening on an antenna and we'll get to see how antenna design affects propagation.

should be really interesting, especially with the antenna project we've done recently in mind....

see you there!

all the best,
Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Mar 19, 2013, 12:07:30 AM3/19/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hey there!

This Thursday evening (7pm) is The Woodlands Amateur Radio Club meeting.

This month, we're going to be presented to by Rud regarding LiPo batteries, and, find out what he's been up to with his robotics efforts, which I'm sure will be rather interesting.

With all the to-do about the Boeing 787 and it's batteries, this is rather a timely bit of information about this type of battery.

And, I'm sure there will be other things to talk about that come up as well.

Also, in the near distance future, we have coming up, two events.  One is the CB&I Triathlon, on the 18th of May, which will be very similar to what was done for The Woodlands Marathon, except, this will be fairly quick - since we'll be focusing on the bike segment of the course.  The leaders of the event get around pretty quick, as you can imagine.

The other event, while based in The Woodlands, actually involves ham operators going way up north into parts of the Sam Houston National Forest, where cell phone communications are a bit spotty, and passing that information to the race organizers located in The Woodlands.  So it's an opportunity to do something somewhere else!

I hope to see you on Thursday.

Oh, and, if you're ready to upgrade your license, we'll be ready to test!  Yes, this night is the start of our offer to test on odd numbered months, so, if you know of anyone that needs to be tested, let them know.  Of course, they'll need to bring their existing license, two forms of photo id, their social security # or FCC FRN # and about $15.

all the best

peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Mar 21, 2013, 9:52:40 AM3/21/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Friendly reminder that the club meeting is tonight at 7pm, at the usual place (http://www.twarc.org/general-information/monthlyclubmeeting).

all the best,
peter

peter belbin

Apr 16, 2013, 8:50:59 PM4/16/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's that time.

This month's club meeting will be Thursday evening.

Please attend if you can.

This month, we will *not* be doing testing.  that will be next month.

Also, we have been invited to have representation at The Woodlands Emergency Preparedness Community Event on May 11th.

I already have a commitment for that date, so will not be there, but, if there are others that would like to provide representation for the club at that event, please speak up!  There may be an opportunity to combine with the ARES group at the same event.

also, for your consideration:

The CB&I Triathlon is coming up (May 18th), and we need way more helpers.

also,

The Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas is may 18th.

If you think you have registered via http://www.woodlands-event-comms.info to help, but have not received a confirmation email, you have not registered!!!  Please be sure to go to the site, enter your information, and hit the 'register' button, and wait for the confirmation / thank you dialog that follows.

within a half hour, you should receive a confirmation email.

best regards,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Apr 17, 2013, 10:01:37 PM4/17/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder - tomorrow evening, 7pm, at the usual place, we'll be having our club meeting.

we have an interesting presentation ready, but, if you'd like, and have something to share of your own, by all means, bring it along.

best regards,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Apr 18, 2013, 4:36:10 PM4/18/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for the late notice, but, I am informed that we have a new club meeting location:

We are meeting back at The Woodlands Central Fire Station at 9951 Grogans Mill Road.

See the updated club meeting details at this web site for more information:

and, I will be on 444.1 for talk-in.

peter belbin

May 13, 2013, 5:49:05 PM5/13/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
This Thursday, the 16th of May, will be the regular club meeting.

Note: It has moved to the newly rebuilt central fire station on Grogans Mill Road (where the old one was).

We will be offering licensing to anyone that needs it tonight (ie: to get your Amateur Radio Operators license, that is!) :)

Hope to see you there!

All the best,
peter  KE5STL

peter belbin

May 13, 2013, 5:55:35 PM5/13/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
apologies!  we will be offering FCC license testing on the night of the club meeting - not tonight!

regards,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

May 14, 2013, 9:00:25 AM5/14/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
here is an update regarding the club meeting:

Please note that the club meeting has relocated to the newly rebuilt central fire station on Grogans Mill Road, just a little bit south of where the HEB at Market Street is.  Follow this link for more detailed instructions and map of the location:

At this months club meeting, we'll be seeing a presentation on the topic of using software to predict signal propagation.

As it turns out, this is a very topical subject, since, on Saturday, with the running of the Ironman triathlon, one of the things we've been dealing with is figuring out the coverage provided by the repeaters, and, identifying effective locations for cross-band repeat locations.

On a similar topic, you may want to check out this web site.  It provides a very nice service that helps know what repeaters are where, and potentially, what their coverage looks like.

all the best,
peter KE5STL

Patrick Ramsey N5PAR

May 15, 2013, 7:48:58 PM5/15/13
to peter belbin, the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com

Fellow Amateurs,

Tomorrow night at the meeting is the every other month walk in test session. One of my VEs isn’t going to be able to make it. I don’t know of anyone testing but you never know. Are any of you members of The Club VEs? If so, and are planning to attend let me know. That way if we do have someone wanting to test we will have 3 VEs.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

N5PAR

Larry Brown

May 15, 2013, 8:27:20 PM5/15/13
to Patrick Ramsey N5PAR, peter belbin, the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com

Patrick

I’ll be there – I can test General and below

Also I thin W5WF will be there also – he can test all levels

Larry

WB5CXC

peter belbin

May 16, 2013, 6:20:19 PM5/16/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: The club meeting is *tonight* at 7pm

please note the location is at the central fire station on Grogans Mill Road.  follow the link (below) if you need info on the location.

see you there!

best regards,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jun 18, 2013, 2:27:03 AM6/18/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hey there!

Yes, this Thursday, at the central fire station, at 7pm, we have a really good program.  please see this for how to get to the club meeting.

and, bring along your 70cm transceiver and use the 444.100 repeater for the talk-in (especially for directions once you're at the parking lot).

Stephen has recently acquired a service monitor, and we're going to have a demonstration of what it is, and how it can be used, and, we're going to see how this is used to tune repeater cavity filters, and gain a better understanding of the types of filter and how they're used to help make a repeater work.

I hope we'll also have another presentation on a related topic, so this will be a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of some aspects of radio that we rely on to make things work.

so, please plan on attending!  I'm sure you'll find it interesting.

all the very best,

peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jun 20, 2013, 8:43:31 AM6/20/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder:  our club meeting is tonight!

Please do attend: it should be very interesting and informative.

all the best,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jul 15, 2013, 9:57:31 AM7/15/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Thank you to Richard, Stephen and Rudd for their presentations last month!

This month's club meeting will take place this Thursday, at The Woodlands Central Fire Station, at 7pm.

We'll be continuing our dive into repeaters and related things from last month's meeting.

Last month, as far as repeaters go, we saw some interesting 'practical theory' and learned about cavity filters, and the effect they have on signals.

This month, we'll see how it all fits together, as integral parts of a working repeater.

So, please do plan on being in attendance, I'm sure it will be educational and interesting.

peter belbin

Jul 16, 2013, 1:57:36 AM7/16/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and, I omitted to mention earlier (thank you Glen!), that this month, we will also offer the ability to be tested for their FCC Amateur Radio License (or upgrade), concurrent with the club meeting.  $15 sitting fee plus photo ID is required, plus existing license if upgrading.

all the best,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jul 18, 2013, 9:25:42 AM7/18/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: tonight at 7pm at The Woodlands Central Fire Station!

We'll be offering license testing to those that want/need that, and, we'll be looking at repeaters, continuing on from last month's initial look at cavity filters and such.

all the best,
Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Aug 13, 2013, 12:01:54 AM8/13/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I hope the summer has been going well for you.

This Thursday evening, at 7pm, at The Woodlands Central Fire Station on Grogans Mill, The Woodlands Amateur Radio Club will be meeting.

Last month, we learned a lot about what a repeater is (thank you Stephen!).

This month, we'll be doing a simulation exercise, which should be a bit of fun, and be informative too.

So, please, do bring along your HT's so that we can have as many as possible participate.  Don't worry, if you don't have an HT - I'm sure some people will be happy to share!

All the best,
Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Aug 15, 2013, 12:34:59 AM8/15/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder that The Woodlands Amateur Radio Club meeting will be Thursday (tonight, unless you were up very late!) as mentioned below.

I think you're going to like the simulation - it's definitely going to be 'interesting'!

see you there.

Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Sep 15, 2013, 11:48:57 PM9/15/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Reminder: the club meeting is this week.  Thursday, 7pm, at The Woodlands Central Fire Station.

Last month, we had a simulation of a sports event and how we typically support such an event.  The simulation went fairly well, and everyone that helped had some fun.

by the way, the 10 for Texas is coming up Saturday October 12th, and, we need as much help as possible.  If you are available (and have not as yet registered), please visit http://www.woodlands-event-comms.info/10-for-texas  this is where you can get some more information, and register to help with the event.

At this month's club meeting, will have a presentation on emergency preparedness with an 'as an amateur radio operator' focus.  Stephen and David will be tag-teaming for that presentation.

So, please do plan to attend.  I'm sure it will be informative, and a great opportunity to share ideas and have general discussion also.

This month is a test opportunity month too, so, if you know of someone wanting to test (ie: for their amateur radio license), this is also an opportunity for that to happen.

Information about how to get to the club meeting is found at:  http://www.twarc.org/general-information/monthlyclubmeeting

peter belbin

Sep 18, 2013, 10:13:40 AM9/18/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: the monthly club meeting is tomorrow (thursday) evening at 7pm.  see below for details.

all the best,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Oct 13, 2013, 5:48:25 PM10/13/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Reminder: the club meeting is this week.  Thursday, 7pm, at The Woodlands Central Fire Station.

At this month's club meeting, will have a presentation from Richard regarding a topic that we should be aware of in order to be safe and effective in working with antennas.

If you have something you'd like to 'show and tell', you are encouraged to bring it along.

And, of course, there's plenty of opportunity to just mingle and converse.

Information about how to get to the club meeting is found at:  http://www.twarc.org/general-information/monthlyclubmeeting

All the Best

peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Oct 15, 2013, 11:13:31 PM10/15/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: Club Meeting will be Thursday at 7pm.  see below:

regards,
peter ke5stl

peter belbin

Oct 17, 2013, 1:12:15 PM10/17/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: Club meeting is Tonight at 7pm.

see details below.

peter belbin

Nov 18, 2013, 10:52:26 AM11/18/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Happy Monday everyone!

I hope you're doing well.

Please remember that this Thursday, at 7pm, at The Woodlands Fire Department's Central Fire Station on Grogans Mill Road, the monthly club meeting for The Woodlands Amateur Radio Club will be held.

please see the information at http://www.twarc.org for more detail on the location.

This month, we *are* offering FCC Amateur Radio licence testing for anyone that needs it.

I believe we'll be having a presentation from Larry this month.  Feel free to bring any new 'toys' you may want to show to the group.

peter belbin

Nov 20, 2013, 8:59:42 PM11/20/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: Thursday night is the club meeting.

Larry will be presenting, so it should be interesting and informative.

all the best,
peter

peter belbin

Dec 17, 2013, 12:55:02 PM12/17/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!  I hope that you're enjoying the run up to Christmas.

Please remember that this Thursday, at 7pm, located at The Woodlands Central Fire Station on Grogans Mill Road, we will be having the club meeting.

Larry will be presenting an interesting topic for us, so please do plan to come and participate.

it's always good to get together, to learn, and, have an opportunity to mingle as well.

Please be aware that this month we are not offering FCC amateur radio license testing.

Also, that the Houston Marathon would love to have your help for January 18th and 19th.  Visit http://www.hmhams.org for more information.

And, in The Woodlands, we have about a month and a half after the Houston Marathon, we have The Woodlands Marathon.  Visit http://www.woodlands-event-comms.info/the-woodlands-marathon for more information, and to potentially sign up for other events in The Woodlands too!

Please check the www.twarc.org web site for details on the location of the club meeting.

best regards to you and yours!

peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Dec 19, 2013, 9:14:48 AM12/19/13
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
this is a friendly reminder that tonight is our last club meeting for the year.

see the details below.

very best wishes

peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jan 13, 2014, 7:34:04 PM1/13/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!  I hope the new year is being kind to you.

Please remember that this Thursday, at 7pm, located at The Woodlands Central Fire Station on Grogans Mill Road, we will be having the first club meeting of the year!

If you somehow ended up with some new kit, feel free to bring it along.

It's always good to get together, to learn, and, have an opportunity to mingle as well.

Please be aware that this month we *are* offering FCC amateur radio license testing.

Also, that the Houston Marathon would love to have your help for January 18th and 19th.  Visit http://www.hmhams.org for more information.  It's this weekend, so if you want to help with that, you'd better move quickly!

And, in The Woodlands, we have in about 6 weeks The Woodlands Marathon.  Visit http://www.woodlands-event-comms.info/the-woodlands-marathon for more information, and to potentially sign up for other events in The Woodlands too!

Please check the www.twarc.org web site for details on the location of the club meeting.

Best Regards to you and yours!

Peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Jan 16, 2014, 5:04:20 PM1/16/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: this is Tonight at 7pm.

see you there!

peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Feb 16, 2014, 4:24:19 PM2/16/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I hope the new year is going well for you thus far.

This Thursday, the 20th of Feb, at 7pm, we'll be holding our monthly club meeting, at The Woodlands Central Fire Station on Grogans Mill Road.  Please see the information at www.twarc.org for details on how to get to the meeting venue.

This month, we will *not* be offering license testing.

This month, Larry will be giving a presentation on designing antennas, and how EZNEC fits into that picture.

I think this is a great follow-on topic from last month, and should prove interesting and informative.

We also have, on 1st of March, The Woodlands Marathon.  If you would like to help with this event, please visit http://www.woodlands-event-comms.info/the-woodlands-marathon to learn more, and to sign up to help.

See you there!

peter belbin

Feb 18, 2014, 11:11:49 PM2/18/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: Thursday is the club meeting.  see below.

all the best,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Mar 17, 2014, 5:30:50 PM3/17/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
This Thursday, the 20th of Feb, at 7pm, we'll be holding our monthly club meeting, at The Woodlands Central Fire Station on Grogans Mill Road.  Please see the information at www.twarc.org for details on how to get to the meeting venue.

This month, we *will* be offering FCC Amateur Radio license testing.

This month, I'd like to have some discussion around IRLP and Echolink, along with any show and tell, and general discussion.

Also, FYI, we have in the coming months, 2 events that we support:

The CB&I Triathlon  (May 3rd)
The Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas  (May 17th)

If you can help with either of these, please visit:

peter belbin

Mar 17, 2014, 5:31:37 PM3/17/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Oops.  not 20th of Feb.  20th of March!!!

regards,
peter KE5STL

peter belbin

Mar 20, 2014, 4:23:00 PM3/20/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: Tonight at 7pm, we're having the club meeting.

feel free to stop by and join the fun!

peter  KE5STL

michael...@shell.com

Apr 8, 2014, 8:05:06 AM4/8/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Might take me a month or two because of my current work schedule, but really looking forward to meeting you all...

peter belbin

Apr 14, 2014, 11:42:44 PM4/14/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
This Thursday, the 17th of Feb, at 7pm, we'll be holding our monthly club meeting, at The Woodlands Central Fire Station on Grogans Mill Road.  Please see the information at www.twarc.org for details on how to get to the meeting venue.

This month, we *will not* be offering FCC Amateur Radio license testing.

Please bring along a 'show and tell' item if you feel so inclined.

Last month, Larry led the discussion around IRLP and Echolink, which was very good.

peter belbin

Apr 17, 2014, 7:06:13 PM4/17/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Reminder (Yes, I know it's rather late):

tonight at 7pm we are meeting at The Woodlands Central Fire Station.

best regards,
peter KE5STL

michael...@shell.com

Apr 22, 2014, 1:09:17 AM4/22/14
to ke5...@gmail.com, the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each of you; who took the time and effort to assist me in taking the Technician exam on Saturday.  I began studies for the General classification Saturday evening and I’m currently making a few scores in the 100’s or missing 2 questions at the worst, so I’ll continue studying and practice tests so I will be as prepared as possible for the General classification exam at our next meeting.  Thank you all for your help,  Mike “Mickey” Walton

peter belbin

May 12, 2014, 10:10:13 PM5/12/14
to the-woodlands-am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I hope you're having a great week so far.

The weekend will be very busy for me, with the Ironman, that's for sure.

But, this Thursday evening, we do have the club meeting.

It's at the usual place, usual time.

ie: 7pm at The Woodlands Central Fire Station on Grogans Mill Road.

Last month we had some interesting discussion, and a focus that emerged was to have the next meeting on the topic of Packet.

So, please do show up, and see what's up with that.

might even have something to demonstrate with.

:)

details of when/where are at the club web site: www.twarc.org

best regards,

peter KE5STL