Super healthy, balanced meals ideas?

Amanda

Apr 5, 2013, 5:45:20 PM4/5/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I am running dry on dinner ideas. I really want to make some balanced, healthy dinners this week but I can't think of any.

So far all I have is "Mustard Roasted Fish with Lentils, Peas, and Spinach", which is exactly what it sounds like.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to keep it to fish/chicken/shellfish with vegetable and starch kinda thing. Filling, wholesome, good. But I really don't want to make "Baked Chicken Breast with Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes" because idk it sounds really boring and uninspiring. Any help much appreciated!

kylaw...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2013, 1:55:10 PM4/6/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
A friend of mine made this one when I was over for dinner last week and it's delicious: http://cookingintheboonies.blogspot.ca/2012/11/main-dish-minestrone.html you could use turkey sausage if you're worried about the fat

This Mexican spiced fish has been on my to-make list for a while. I haven't made it yet but it looks tasty: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/mexican-spiced-fish-with-_n_1057529.html I think I'd serve it with the corn rice shown there and sauteed zucchini and garlic tossed with cilantro

This chicken rub is really good: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/06/09/the-best-chicken-you-will-ever-eat-ever/ with a Greek/Turkish-style salad with lots of crunchy cucumbers and tomatoes and peppers, and then maybe boiled little potatoes with mint?

I really like BBQ or roasted salmon with a glaze of soy sauce and wasabi served with sauteed swiss chard with lemon or red wine vinegar and a side of rice