Can't SFTP connect to new server

Rick

Mar 12, 2009, 10:33:20 PM3/12/09
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
I regularly use SFTP server connectivity support. It's working on all
but this new server I'm in the process of provisioning. FTP works from
TW, and I can SFTP from the command line, but I can't connect SFTP via
TW. I get this error:

This server operation couldn’t be completed because the connection was
unexpectedly lost (application error code: 22807)

Funny thing is, it worked early on. Not sure why it won't work now.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Rick

Patrick Woolsey

Mar 13, 2009, 5:39:09 PM3/13/09
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
Rick <jetf...@gmail.com> sez:

I suggest checking the server log first for evidence; if that doesn't help,
please drop a note to support.

Regards,

Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc. <http://www.barebones.com>
P.O. Box 1048, Bedford, MA 01730-1048

Rick

Mar 13, 2009, 6:30:35 PM3/13/09
to textwr...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 13, 2009, at 14:39:09, Patrick Woolsey wrote:

> Rick <jetf...@gmail.com> sez:
>
>> I regularly use SFTP server connectivity support. It's working on all
>> but this new server I'm in the process of provisioning. FTP works
>> from
>> TW, and I can SFTP from the command line, but I can't connect SFTP
>> via
>> TW. I get this error:
>>
>> This server operation couldn't be completed because the connection
>> was
>> unexpectedly lost (application error code: 22807)
>>
>> Funny thing is, it worked early on. Not sure why it won't work now.
>

> I suggest checking the server log first for evidence; if that
> doesn't help,
> please drop a note to support.

Thanks, Patrick. There wasn't much in the logs, but I sent a message
to support with what it had.

--
Rick

Jeff Porten

Apr 27, 2009, 8:21:04 PM4/27/09
to TextWrangler Talk
I just had the same problem, which I fixed when I realized that my
server was listening on a different port. If yours has changed from
22, use :[port-number] at the end of the domain.

igrow.com

Jan 14, 2014, 7:02:51 PM1/14/14
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
Do you literally mean to put brackets after it?
Whether I put  ftp.mydomain.com:1234 or put ftp.mydomain.com:[1234] I continue to get this error code:

This server operation couldn’t be completed because the connection was unexpectedly lost (application error code: 22807)
I haven't successfully yet, connected to my server with TextWrangler by sftp;  I have successfully done so with filezilla, and have done so with an iOS app called myFtp.  I want to keep using TextWrangler and hope I can get it to work.

igrow.com

Jan 15, 2014, 12:10:30 PM1/15/14
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
Solved.   I filled out a Support Ticket at my serving company, they wrote me back that I should for sftp put in there domain name, rather than mine.  On two of the applications putting my own worked, but on TextWrangler that didn't work.  And I do put the sftp port number after the domain name of my serving company just with a colon: no brackets.

Mark Stewart

Feb 14, 2017, 8:36:28 PM2/14/17
to TextWrangler Talk
I was able to resolve this issue for myself by trying to connect via the command-line ssh client. For me, the .pem file didn't have the right permissions.