Unhandled event loop exception on TestNG plugin .8

Thomas Fišer

Oct 13, 2010, 9:26:16 AM10/13/10
to testng-users
Hi Cedric,

When running the plugin, currently I get the following exception quite
regularly, could you please look into it?

Hope the stack trace is useful to you.

Cheers,
Thomas

eclipse.buildId=M20100909-0800
java.version=1.6.0_21
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

This is a continuation of log file [...]\workspace\.metadata
\.bak_0.log
Created Time: 2010-10-13 15:01:35.253

Error
Wed Oct 13 15:14:50 CEST 2010
Unhandled event loop exception

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable
(java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.ui.internal.ErrorViewPart
cannot be cast to org.testng.eclipse.ui.TestRunnerViewPart)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4083)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3998)
at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:
137)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:
4041)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:
2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at
org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:
332)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:
664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:
149)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:
115)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:
196)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:
110)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:
79)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
369)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ErrorViewPart cannot be cast to
org.testng.eclipse.ui.TestRunnerViewPart
at
org.testng.eclipse.TestNGPlugin.showTestRunnerViewPartInActivePage(TestNGPlugin.java:
225)
at
org.testng.eclipse.TestNGPlugin.connectTestRunner(TestNGPlugin.java:
199)
at org.testng.eclipse.TestNGPlugin$2.run(TestNGPlugin.java:190)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:
134)
... 22 more

Cédric Beust ♔

Oct 13, 2010, 4:01:04 PM10/13/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I've never seen this error, but I can fix it.

However, it seems to happen only if the main view of TestNG could not be displayed, so I think you might find another error if you scroll up in the logs. Let me know if you find anything interesting.

--
Cédric

Cédric