Is there still an Eclipse Plug-In Update Site for TestNG 6.8.21 available?

Thomas Popp

Sep 27, 2016, 12:32:12 PM9/27/16
to testng-users
Hello All,

I would like to use TestNG 6.8.21 in Eclipse since it seems to be last version supporting JDK 1.6 according to this post: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/testng-users/1.6%7Csort:relevance/testng-users/qA-mcNjq_mc/6rFxz7snrmMJ

However, on the website http://beust.com/eclipse-old/ only Eclipse update sites for TestNG 6.8.22 and newer are listed.

Does anyone know if there is still an Eclipse update site available for TestNG 6.8.21?

Thanks for help!

Regards,
-Thomas Popp

Cédric Beust ♔

Sep 27, 2016, 12:36:23 PM9/27/16
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

Here's a list of old update sites, there are several that still use 6.8.

Copy/paste the one you want and use that one as an update site:

--
Cédric

Thomas Popp

Sep 28, 2016, 4:00:41 AM9/28/16
to testng-users, ced...@beust.com
Hi Cedric,

thanks for your answer.

I know the list of old update sites. However, there only TestNG plugins 6.8.22 and newer are available. But I would need version 6.8.21 because in another discussion (see my original posting) you mention that 6.8.21 ist the last version of TestNG supporting Java 1.6.

Regards,
-Thomas

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Thomas Popp <thomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,

I would like to use TestNG 6.8.21 in Eclipse since it seems to be last version supporting JDK 1.6 according to this post: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/testng-users/1.6%7Csort:relevance/testng-users/qA-mcNjq_mc/6rFxz7snrmMJ

However, on the website http://beust.com/eclipse-old/ only Eclipse update sites for TestNG 6.8.22 and newer are listed.

Does anyone know if there is still an Eclipse update site available for TestNG 6.8.21?

Thanks for help!

Regards,
-Thomas Popp

Raju Arelli

Sep 28, 2016, 9:01:45 AM9/28/16
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomos,

Better you add the Testng 6.8.21 Jar into your buildpath,instead of adding through the URL.

Below is the link for the same.

Thanks !

Regards,
Raju

Thomas Popp

Sep 30, 2016, 5:05:22 AM9/30/16
to testng-users
Hi Raju,

thanks for your answer.

I'm familiar with manually adding testng.jar in the buildpath. But if I get it right, installing the TestNG Elipse plug-in is more than just providing testng.jar for the buildpath, e.g. also a TestNG Run Configuration section is added in Eclipse (but I don't know much about the Eclipse plug-in system). And I also would like to use these features so my guess is, to get these Eclipse-features, I need to install the TestNG Eclipse plug-in.

Regards,
-Thomas