Is there any way to limit total thread count in testng?

oleksandr...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 4:20:10 PM11/27/17
to testng-users
I use testng to run selenium tests with parallel='classes' and thread-count=8. In addition I use parallel data-providers. When I set data-provider-thread-count to "8" I've got up to 64 threads in total. Is there any way to limit this in some way?
I use custom method filtering and tests for execution are defined externally. Data for data-providers are also supplied from external source. So I cannot predict which configuration will be started every time: either 1 test with 50+ data-rows, or 10 tests with 50+ data-rows/test or 50 non-data-driven tests.
Selenium tests are quite slow so reducing any of parameters will cause significant increase of test duration with underloaded resources

Todd Bradley

Nov 27, 2017, 4:23:31 PM11/27/17
to testng...@googlegroups.com
The only way I know of is to do the math yourself and set all the various thread parameters so the total doesn't exceed whatever number you want.