test-output folder not getting created

vibhav s

Feb 14, 2015, 2:19:51 PM2/14/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am new to TestNG.
When i execute a simple TestNG script(Run as TestNG), i could see the execution status in the console and TestNG results. But when i refresh my project, I could not see the test-output folder. i.e., The test-output folder is not getting created at all in the project folder.

I have the default settings in the menu Window->preferences->TestNG.

Am i missing something? Why is it not getting created?

Thanks,
Vibhav

krishnan.ma...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2015, 11:15:17 PM2/14/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked if it got created by opening up the folder in windows explorer or finder (Mac)

- Krishnan

This message may include free added typos, which you may use for your entertainment.
Courtesy : my SmartPhone!

vibhav s

Feb 15, 2015, 11:08:29 PM2/15/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I did check in the folders. It is not created at all.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Feb 16, 2015, 12:45:10 AM2/16/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
By default the TestNG eclipse plugin creates the test output folder named "test-out" under the project's root directory.
Is that where you are checking ?

If you used tools such as Maven to execute your tests, then the output folder would be created under target/surefire-reports.

So it would be good if you could please help add some additional context around what your environment looks like, screenshots etc.,

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

sesha v venkat

Feb 16, 2015, 10:28:46 PM2/16/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Press F5 on windows folder expected location.

Francislâiny Campos

Mar 13, 2018, 7:31:32 AM3/13/18
to testng-users
Hi there,
   I had the same problem and was able to fix it when I checked the default listener under the run configurations. To access that page you need to click Edit Configurations on the top of the page (under the dropdown with the class name to be run)

   Hope that helps. :)

Untitled.png

anda.c...@contentspeed.ro

Mar 20, 2018, 9:00:03 AM3/20/18
to testng-users
Hello,

I have a NetBeans project and a class Java file that is a testing file situated in the Test package.

When I run my file , the folder test-output is not created.

Can someone give me a hint?

Krishnan Mahadevan

Mar 20, 2018, 10:22:34 PM3/20/18
to testng...@googlegroups.com

You would need to look into the Run configuration page of your IDE and see how to get the default listeners enabled. I am not sure where it resides in NetBeans, because I have only used either eclipse and now am completely on IntelliJ

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:30 PM
To: testng-users <testng...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [testng-users] Re: test-output folder not getting created

Anda Spa

Mar 21, 2018, 9:26:35 AM3/21/18
to testng-users
You must have a xml file to generate output folder.

If you run only class testing file , the output folder is not create.

I have the same issue.

miercuri, 21 martie 2018, 04:22:34 UTC+2, Krishnan Mahadevan a scris:

Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:30 PM
To: testng-users <testng...@googlegroups.com>

I have a NetBeans project and a class Java file that is a testing file situated in the Test package.

When I run my file , the folder test-output is not created.

Can someone give me a hint?

marți, 13 martie 2018, 13:31:32 UTC+2, Francislâiny Campos a scris:

Hi there,

   I had the same problem and was able to fix it when I checked the default listener under the run configurations. To access that page you need to click Edit Configurations on the top of the page (under the dropdown with the class name to be run)

   Hope that helps. :)

nbte...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2018, 3:25:18 AM6/30/18
to testng-users
If you have created Maven project and test-output folder is not visible to your project then follow below steps to have it available:

Window > Preference>Click on TestNG > Tick Disable default listeners > apply and Close

Shikha Raghuwanshi

Jun 1, 2019, 12:34:58 PM6/1/19
to testng-users
Thanks It works