Problems upgrading to testNG 6.14.3

PerfectStorm

Mar 12, 2018, 11:52:23 AM3/12/18
to testng-users
We are trying to upgrade from testng 6.9.4 to 6.14.3 and we are running into issues where all tests do not running and the suite just stops. I have determined that the issue causing this to happen is we have group-by-instances="true" set in our suite file. If I remove this all tests will run but I get a large amount of failures because the tests are running the the @afterClass out of order. An example below

Currently are tests run like this

@BeforeSuite
@BeforeClass
@Test
@AfterClass
@BeforeClass
@Test
@AfterClass
@AfterSuite

When I remove group-by-instances="true" it now runs like this

@BeforeSuite
@BeforeClass
@Test
@BeforeClass
@Test
@AfterClass
@BeforeClass
@Test
@AfterClass
@AfterSuite

It is not honoring the @AfterClass in the same class

It seems whatever changed the behavior of what worked before for us was in 6.9.5. I tried upgrading to that and I saw the same issue

Some other info
We run the tests by using a regular expression on the package <package name="com.XXXXXX.XXXXXX.restapi.tests.*"> so we only have this one line in our suite file to run all of our tests

All tests extend one base test class which has the @BeforeSuite and @afterSuite in it

Any Thoughts of what could have changed this behavior in 6.9.5?

PerfectStorm

Mar 12, 2018, 12:30:51 PM3/12/18
to testng-users
One other thing if I run in Eclipse by selecting the package it seems to work fine. It is when I run via the testng.xml with all tests included I run into this problem

Krishnan Mahadevan

Mar 12, 2018, 10:45:56 PM3/12/18
to testng...@googlegroups.com

John,

Please help share a full-fledged test sample that can be used to reproduce the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Date: Monday, March 12, 2018 at 10:00 PM
To: testng-users <testng...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [testng-users] Re: Problems upgrading to testNG 6.14.3

Rajitha Nyalakanti

Jun 28, 2018, 3:04:44 AM6/28/18
to testng-users
Any update on this issue. I did see this when I run all tests in the suite.

To post to this group, send email to

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Jun 28, 2018, 5:19:13 AM6/28/18
to testng...@googlegroups.com
What update are you expecting? If you are also experiencing the same issue, please help share a sample project that we can use to reproduce the issue and debug.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/