jUnit reports show false fails

Milo Gertjejansen

Sep 21, 2017, 9:42:35 AM9/21/17
to testng-users
I have recently moved from jUnit to TestNG.

We are getting some false fails in some of our jUnit reports. If setup or teardown fails for one method it gets reported on in another method (in addition to method it should be reported in).

For example, the method TestOne.testOne() fails. A number of minutes later the BeforeMethod for TestTwo.testTwo() fails. In the jUnit reports for TestOne, you would see TestTwo.testTwo's BeforeMethod failure. In TestTwo's report you would see TestTwo.testTwo's BeforeMethod failure like normal.

Looking at the logs, TestOne failed for a legitimate reason but seems to be overwritten by TestTwo's fail in the jUnit reports.

Has anybody experienced this and, if so, was there anything you could do to fix it?

Krishnan Mahadevan

Sep 21, 2017, 9:44:24 AM9/21/17
to testng...@googlegroups.com

What version of TestNG are you working with ? Can you please try using TestNG 6.12 and see if the issue happens ?

If the issue happens, I would request you to please help file a bug in https://github.com/cbeust/testng/issues and add some sample that can be used to reproduce the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Milo Gertjejansen

Sep 21, 2017, 9:51:53 AM9/21/17
to testng-users
I am not positive the version. I am using the selenium-standalone-server.jar, which has TestNG packaged in with it. I can switch to TestNG 6.12 though and report back.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Sep 21, 2017, 9:55:59 AM9/21/17
to testng...@googlegroups.com

AFAIK, the selenium standalone uber jar doesn’t come bundled with TestNG (not atleast the latest ones). What version of Selenium standalone are you on ? 3.5.3 is the latest.

Milo Gertjejansen

Sep 21, 2017, 10:03:14 AM9/21/17
to testng-users
Ah possibly 2.53. I am looking in the VERSION.txt in the root of the jar.