TestNG 6.9.5

Cédric Beust ♔

Jul 11, 2015, 11:44:23 AM7/11/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I just released TestNG 6.9.5. It’s available on JCenter only right now but I will deploy it to Maven Central as well soon.

Here is the change log:

Fixed: The ServiceLoaderTest on Windows (Mathieu Sebire)
Fixed: GITHUB-691: Fix classloading issue when using TestNG 6.9.4 and JMockit. (Mathieu Sebire)
Fixed: GITHUB-686: IAnnotationTransformer.transform is called for methods with testClass populated. (Łukasz Rekucki & Julien Herr)
Fixed: GITHUB-420: Before/AfterSuite methods may not run, when use inheritance, and enabled=false (Jakub Tokaj & Julien Herr)
Fixed: GITHUB-697: Make addFailedInvocationNumber thread-safe (Ryan Schmitt)
Fixed: GITHUB-698: Fix exit code reporting when IRetryAnalyzer is used (Ryan Schmitt)
Fixed: GITHUB-465: assertEquals(Collection, Collection) prints "null" when collections are different sizes (Michael Diamond)
New: GITHUB-710: AppVeyor is used for continuous integration on Windows (Julien Herr)
Fixed: GITHUB-599: IHookable ignored when a timeout is set (@ryanlevell & Julien Herr)
New: GITHUB-723: Allow users to add their own suite parser (Julien Herr)
Fixed: Allow '-testnames' option to work with '-xmlpathinjar' (@earthling)
Fixed: GITHUB-739: TestNG skips all test classes from suite when a @BeforeClass fails (Priyanshu Shekhar & Julien Herr)
Fixed: GITHUB-471: If @beforeMethod or @afterMethod fails then all children of the same base class will be skipped (Anton Panferov & Julien Herr)
Fixed: GITHUB-595: testng hang at switching test cases when running test cases with high thread count (vit0rg)

Eclipse:

Fixed: The 57% freeze bug (Patrick Hensley and @denyska)
--
Cédric

Mark Derricutt

Jul 14, 2015, 9:46:50 PM7/14/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
On 12 Jul 2015, at 3:43, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:

> I just released TestNG 6.9.5. It’s available on JCenter only right now but I will deploy it to Maven Central as well soon.

...and now appears to be in maven-central - w00t.

--
Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net

Cédric Beust ♔

Jul 14, 2015, 10:23:58 PM7/14/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com

Yes. It was a struggle :-)

--
Cédric

Mark Derricutt

Jul 15, 2015, 2:01:13 AM7/15/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
On 15 Jul 2015, at 14:23, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:

> Yes. [It was a struggle]

Well, then, I hate to say:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/testng/annotations/Test : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

The change log doesn't mention now being compiled for JDK8 ?

Everything worked fine on my local machine, then noticed everything was failing on our build box...
signature.asc

Cédric Beust ♔

Jul 15, 2015, 2:24:41 AM7/15/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Ugh... Will take a look.

How about the version on JCenter?

--
Cédric

Cédric Beust ♔

Jul 15, 2015, 2:42:02 AM7/15/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
I just deployed 6.9.6 to Nexus, it should be on Maven Central soon.

--
Cédric

Mark Derricutt

Jul 16, 2015, 6:13:39 PM7/16/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
On 15 Jul 2015, at 18:41, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:

> I just deployed 6.9.6 to Nexus, it should be on Maven Central soon.

Cheers - that works. I didn't get a chance to try the JCenter one.

I see you changed the build to gradle - I guess it was defaulting to JDK8 byte code?
signature.asc

Cédric Beust ♔

Jul 16, 2015, 7:57:04 PM7/16/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com

No, I think it was just that my javac was pointing to the 1.8 version.

--
Cédric

Anoop Namboodiri

Jul 23, 2015, 12:35:36 PM7/23/15
to testng-users, ced...@beust.com
I am getting the following error while attempting to install TestNG plugin for eclipse 4.5.0
I am installing using the URL: http://beust.com/eclipse

Also tried from eclipse marketplace. Could you help please?

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Artifact not found: http://beust.com/eclipse/plugins/org.testng.eclipse_6.9.5.201506120235.jar.
http://beust.com/eclipse/plugins/org.testng.eclipse_6.9.5.201506120235.jar

Jiong Fu

Aug 2, 2015, 10:54:56 PM8/2/15
to testng-users, ced...@beust.com
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is somewhere to view details of each item in change log. I searched the title in forum, GitHub and Google but found nothing. Could someone help me out?

Thanks,
Jiong

Cédric Beust ♔

Aug 3, 2015, 10:26:36 AM8/3/15
to Jiong Fu, testng-users

Cédric Beust ♔

Aug 10, 2015, 9:31:55 AM8/10/15
to Sunil Avvas, testng-users
I just tried and installing the plug-in from the Eclipse Market Place worked fine for me.

Maybe there is a network or proxy problem on your end?

--
Cédric

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:48 AM, Sunil Avvas <sunil...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 I'm also facing the same as mentioned by Anoop does anybody has solution for this?

Sunil Avvas

Aug 10, 2015, 9:32:04 AM8/10/15