Where are my log messages?

Jeff Schnitzer

Aug 3, 2015, 4:33:14 PM8/3/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
I'm confuddled. My application logs via slf4j to java.util.logging. I run my test, I want to see my debug logs but all I get is INFO. I see no obvious way to change this.

How do I see my own logs?

Similar stackoverflow question (more or less unanswered): http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3232980/setting-application-log-level-in-testng

Incidentally, I can't use the suggested workaround because LogManager is banished from Google App Engine.

If it matters, I'm running my tests from IDEA.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Schnitzer

Aug 22, 2015, 11:52:39 AM8/22/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Can someone confirm or deny that this is normal behavior? Seems odd that a test tool would make debug logging impossible...

Krishnan Mahadevan

Aug 24, 2015, 3:43:10 AM8/24/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

If its not too much to ask, can you please create a sample project that can show this behavior ?
That way we can run this and check what is going on.

As mentioned in the SO link, TestNG doesn't use the standard logging frameworks. Since you are interested in only seeing your application log messages, there could be something else that is causing this problem.

We have used Java Utils logging in conjunction with TestNG and have never had any problems with getting our log messages.

You can also take a look at this link to see if that helps (Since you are working with Idea) https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/help/setting-log-options.html

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan