new exeption in TestNG IDEA plug-in

Tatyana

Nov 14, 2005, 9:52:58 AM11/14/05
to testng...@googlegroups.com
I use IDEA 5.0.2 and TestNG-J plug-in 0.1.13
While execution tests I've got Blame TestNG-J exeption and list of tests isn't shown

Invalid class name
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid class name
at com.theoryinpractice.testng.ui.TestNGResults.packageNameFor(TestNGResults.java:165)
at com.theoryinpractice.testng.ui.TestNGResults.getPackageClassNodeFor(TestNGResults.java:177)
at com.theoryinpractice.testng.ui.TestNGResults.addTestResult(TestNGResults.java:121)
at com.theoryinpractice.testng.TestNGConsoleView.addTestResult(TestNGConsoleView.java:63)
at com.theoryinpractice.testng.model.TestNGRemoteListener.onTestStart(TestNGRemoteListener.java:35)
at com.theoryinpractice.testng.model.IDEARemoteTestRunnerClient$5.run(IDEARemoteTestRunnerClient.java:78)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.LaterInvocatorEx$1.run(LaterInvocatorEx.java:4)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.LaterInvocatorEx$FlushQueue.run(LaterInvocatorEx.java:19)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.defaultDispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:54)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.a(IdeEventQueue.java:104)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:112)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Mark Derricutt

Nov 14, 2005, 9:14:50 PM11/14/05
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Tatyana, I posted to the IntelliJ forums but thought I'd post here as well, it looks like you're possible running a test thats NOT in any package, is this the case?  I'll add a fix for this in the code when I get home tonight.

Tatyana

Nov 15, 2005, 4:42:20 AM11/15/05
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you are right. I didn't use package in my test. I just wanted to try TestNG-J plug-in and that's why didn't use any package. With using package it works great. Thank you!
You don't need to fix it, because I will definitely use packages in my tests.

Thanks a lot. I am very much appreciated with TestNG-J plug-in !

Mark Derricutt

Nov 15, 2005, 4:51:27 AM11/15/05
to testng...@googlegroups.com
I think I'll put a fix in anyway, it's just wanting the package for the tree display, we can force a "No Package" type entry for items that have no package.  Does anyone know what the Eclipse plugin does in this instance?