Abandoning TestNG because of Apache Camel :(

Giorgio Vespucci

Nov 18, 2016, 10:03:37 AM11/18/16
to testng-users
Dear all (and Cedric),
I'm afraid that I will abandon TestNG because of the deprecated support in Apache Camel 2.18, which for business reasons I HAVE to follow.
The official justification for this is that JUnit is more widely adopted than TestNG.
It's a very sad day for me, but I cannot see any way of sticking to TestNG.
:(
-
Giorgio

Julien Herr

Nov 18, 2016, 11:07:06 AM11/18/16
to testng-users
Hi,

Le vendredi 18 novembre 2016 16:03:37 UTC+1, Giorgio Vespucci a écrit :
Dear all (and Cedric),
I'm afraid that I will abandon TestNG because of the deprecated support in Apache Camel 2.18, which for business reasons I HAVE to follow.
The official justification for this is that JUnit is more widely adopted than TestNG.

And the 2.18 release note is not talking about it.
Do you have more details somewhere else?

It's a very sad day for me, but I cannot see any way of sticking to TestNG.

In fact, you can fork camel-testng and provide it yourself as an external 3rd party component. It is only a project with 7 classes. IMO, it is not a big deal when you know camel and its environment (not my case!).

If you want, I can host it on https://github.com/testng-team/ and help you to deploy it on jcenter or maven central.

:(
-
Giorgio