testng factory, group by instances and dependencies

testnguser

Feb 25, 2015, 2:54:45 AM2/25/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
I had a test class with some group dependencies that I defined in the xml suite using the depends tags (I think this is more flexible and easier to change that way). Then I needed that test to be expanded to test many examples. I added another test class with a factory, creating many instances of the first test class with different values. All instances were running until the first failure... a fail of one instance caused the other instances to be skipped. After re-reading the testng docs, I understood that this is the expected behavior of a factory (why?) and group-by-instances = true configuration is required in order to run it as I expect. I added the tag, but now it will run only the first group in my dependency schema... Were is my mistake?

Mrunal Gosar

Feb 27, 2015, 12:52:31 AM2/27/15
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Can you paste a sample working code so that we can recreate this issue?