TestNG HTML report builder for jenkins

瀏覽次數:861 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月2日 上午10:27:422015/7/2
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,
I have created a jenkins plugin that generates HTML reports based on the testng-results.xml

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Krishnan Mahadevan

未讀,
2015年7月2日 上午10:47:582015/7/2
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com
This looks interesting.
How about sharing some pointers around the following :

* The repository that houses this [ GitHub Link ]
* A user guide that shows us how to leverage this.
* A support model [ to whom we can reach out to if we need to get some things clarified ]

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Todd Bradley

未讀,
2015年7月2日 中午12:33:122015/7/2
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't look too different from the existing reports. But there's definitely room for improvement, and I applaud anyone willing to make the CI/TestNG experience even better. We use Hudson, not Jenkins. Do you intend for your plugin to support Hudson?

Cheers,
Todd.

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月3日 凌晨2:46:362015/7/3
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com

Hi Krishnan,
regarding your comments links are below:
1. jenkins plugin github link: https://github.com/BogdanLivadariu/bootstraped-multi-test-results-report
2. an user guide has not yet been created
3. for any questions event setup can be addressed here: https://gitter.im/BogdanLivadariu/bootstraped-multi-test-results-report?utm_source=share-link&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=share-link
3.1 it is a public chatroom on Gitter that is designed specially for helping users setup their environment, I did not had time to create any documentation yet unfortunately bug to whom this plugin
     might be of any help, I will be glad to provide details, and maybe I will be forced this way to create a documentation :)

Regards,
Bogdan.

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月3日 凌晨2:53:072015/7/3
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi Todd,

in the near time, I am thinking to add support for Bamboo and Hudson, just that I need to find some time for this :)
as per CI, the lib that the jenkins plugin uses, offers a CI usage, so you can build HTML reports locally, below is described how you can achieve this:
1. download the lib with dependencies from : https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/repositories/releases/content/com/github/bogdanlivadariu/testng-reporting-handlebars/1.0.0/testng-reporting-handlebars-1.0.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
2. make sure you have JAVA 8 on your workstation
3. CI usage: java -jar -DxmlPath="dir path where the testng results xml is located" -DreportsOutputPath="dir path where the reports should be generated" testng-reporting-handlebars-1.0.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
4. if all goes well, you find your html reports generated in the outputPath mentioned.

the git repo can be found here: https://github.com/BogdanLivadariu/testng-reporting-handlebars
at this point the repo is empty, I need to do some cleanup before I push it, but in the next couple of days the source code should be there.

Regards,
Bogdan.

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月3日 凌晨4:14:442015/7/3
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com

I think I have created an HPI for hudson, I have installed it on my local hudson instance, and seems to work, can you guys check if it works as expected for you ?
it has been build for hudson 3.2.2 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4nrr4l43h9x0nt/bootstraped-multi-test-results-report.hpi?dl=0

if it looks as it being working, I will investigate how to push the plugin towards public hudson plugins repo

Cheers,
Bogdan.

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月3日 凌晨4:16:542015/7/3
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com

sunny sachdeva

未讀,
2015年7月7日 凌晨4:55:102015/7/7
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com
whats the plugin name?

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月7日 上午9:28:182015/7/7
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com

sunny sachdeva

未讀,
2015年7月7日 上午10:08:122015/7/7
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com
Not sure why I can see any results when I search for

"Bootstraped Multi Test Results Report"

under Jenkin manage plugin/ Available Tab

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月8日 凌晨2:25:182015/7/8
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com

I have no problems seeing the plugin in a local instance, nor in a production instance:

sunny sachdeva

未讀,
2015年7月8日 清晨6:55:202015/7/8
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com
Strange but its ok I have downloaded the .hpi file.

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月8日 清晨7:00:172015/7/8
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi sunny,

latest version of the plugin is 1.3.2, http://repo.jenkins-ci.org/simple/releases/com/github/bogdanlivadariu/bootstraped-multi-test-results-report/1.3.2/
I 1.3.0 & 1.3.1 looks to have some issues after the plugin is installed, and you try to view all the installed plugins.

as a mention would be that the jenkins host should have java 8 installed, as most of the libs of the plugin depend of java8.

if you have issues/questions/ideas of improvements, feel free to join: https://gitter.im/BogdanLivadariu/bootstraped-multi-test-results-report?utm_source=share-link&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=share-link
you'll find me there.

Cheers,
~Bogdan.

Dan Tran

未讀,
2015年7月27日 晚上9:06:402015/7/27
收件者:testng-users、bogdan.l...@gmail.com
could you make it compatible with latest Jenkins STS release ( 1.602) ? my jenkins cant see it since this plugin requires latest 1.616.

Thanks

-Dan

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月28日 凌晨3:00:112015/7/28
收件者:testng-users、dan...@gmail.com

Dan Tran

未讀,
2015年7月29日 中午12:08:282015/7/29
收件者:testng-users、bogdan.l...@gmail.com
Hi Bogdan

You may want to release it again so that we can auto download it. The manual installation works for me

Thanks

-D

Sandeep Jain

未讀,
2015年7月30日 下午3:40:382015/7/30
收件者:testng-users、bogdan.l...@gmail.com
Suggestion: Under the "Test by name overview report " tab ,  it would be more appropriate to have "Test name" as the column name instead of "Class name".

Thanks
Sandeep.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年7月31日 凌晨2:22:122015/7/31
收件者:testng-users、bogdan.l...@gmail.com、sandeep...@gmail.com
indeed :)

I'm trying to keep up with the features request here :)

Thanks,
Bogdan.

Brahma Chari

未讀,
2015年10月8日 上午11:04:352015/10/8
收件者:testng-users、bogdan.l...@gmail.com、sandeep...@gmail.com
Hi bogdan,

i had used this testng plug in for my jenkins but iam getting HTTP 404 error

please suggest me what was the problem...
testngreportissue.png

Bogdan Livadariu

未讀,
2015年10月8日 上午11:56:232015/10/8
收件者:testng-users、bogdan.l...@gmail.com、sandeep...@gmail.com
can you send me the jenkins console log that the plugin has created ?

chari

未讀,
2015年10月8日 下午3:56:332015/10/8
收件者:testng...@googlegroups.com
hi bogdan,

please find the console logs here..

[TestNGReportPublisher] Compiling TestNG Html Reports ...
[TestNG test report builder] Copying all xml files from:
C:\Users\vivek\.jenkins\jobs\MavenProject3\workspace to reports directory:
C:\Users\vivek\.jenkins\jobs\MavenProject3\builds\1\testng-reports-with-handlebars
ERROR: Build step failed with exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: basedir
C:\Users\vivek\.jenkins\jobs\MavenProject3\builds\1\testng-reports-with-handlebars\xmlData
does not exist.
at org.apache.tools.ant.DirectoryScanner.scan(DirectoryScanner.java:879)
at
com.github.bogdanlivadariu.jenkins.reporting.testng.TestNGTestReportPublisher.findJsonFiles(TestNGTestReportPublisher.java:62)
at
com.github.bogdanlivadariu.jenkins.reporting.testng.TestNGTestReportPublisher.perform(TestNGTestReportPublisher.java:103)
at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:20)
at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild.java:779)
at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:726)
at
hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenModuleSetBuildExecution.post2(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:1037)
at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.post(AbstractBuild.java:671)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1766)
at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.run(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:529)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:408)
Build step 'Publish TestNG reports generated with handlebars' marked build
as failure
Finished: FAILURE

回覆所有人
回覆作者