Problems with eclipse plugin

squart

Apr 27, 2006, 8:38:30 AM4/27/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com
I have just installed the eclipse plugin... made a test class... annotated a test method with @Test, but I can't get the test to run in eclipse. I tried several different ways, suite, class, method.

I hope someone can help me.

When I run in the debugger I see :

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Ljava.net.InetAddress;II)V(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:364)
at com.beust.testng.eclipse.runner.StringMessageSenderHelper.connect(StringMessageSenderHelper.java:54)
at com.beust.testng.eclipse.runner.RemoteTestNG.run(RemoteTestNG.java:49)
at com.beust.testng.eclipse.runner.RemoteTestNG.main(RemoteTestNG.java:139)
Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1 on 33316

squart

Apr 27, 2006, 8:40:28 AM4/27/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com
I only got 'lucky' getting that exception. Mostly I just get this in the console:

http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28188&messageID=54877#54877

Alexandru Popescu

Apr 27, 2006, 10:55:20 AM4/27/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com
#: squart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 4/27/2006 3:40 PM) :#

Unfortunately, I am not sure what to tell you. When running TestNG tests there are 2 JVMs involved:
running Eclipse one and a new one to run your tests. They are communicating to each other via
sockets. The exception you are pasting is saying: "hey, I cannot use port 33316 to talk to my
brother". Is anything on your environment that would block such communication?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

ps: are you seeing this exact exception for every attempt to run a test? If you are seeing from time
to time that a different story than the one above with zeros.

squart

Apr 28, 2006, 8:00:35 AM4/28/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com
> Unfortunately, I am not sure what to tell you. When
> running TestNG tests there are 2 JVMs involved:
> running Eclipse one and a new one to run your tests.
> They are communicating to each other via
> sockets. The exception you are pasting is saying:
> "hey, I cannot use port 33316 to talk to my
> brother". Is anything on your environment that would
> block such communication?
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.
>
> ps: are you seeing this exact exception for every
> attempt to run a test? If you are seeing from time
> to time that a different story than the one above
> with zeros.

I only saw this exception the first time I ran the debugger. So I assumed this was the problem.
But then I realized this was a one time thing. The other times it says that zero tests have been run.
At the commandline I have been able to run the tests fine.

http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28188&messageID=55381#55381

Alexandru Popescu

Apr 28, 2006, 10:29:16 AM4/28/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com
#: squart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 4/28/2006 3:00 PM) :#

If you can take a look at the .log file you will see the command line arguments used to run your
tests. Can you check that everything is oke with those? Or can you send a few samples here?

squart

May 2, 2006, 7:23:46 AM5/2/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com

> If you can take a look at the .log file you will see
> the command line arguments used to run your
> tests. Can you check that everything is oke with
> those? Or can you send a few samples here?
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.

unfortunately the log doesn't show anything when I run the test in eclipse (looking in .metadata/.log) :-(

http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28188&messageID=56325#56325

Alexandru Popescu

May 2, 2006, 10:20:03 AM5/2/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com
#: squart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 5/2/2006 2:23 PM) :#

This is once again weird. You should be able to find log entries in the following format:

!MESSAGE [-port, 3944, -sourcedir, d:\workspace\java\research\testng_jdk14_tests\src\java, -d,
d:\workspace\java\research\testng_jdk14_tests\otp,
d:\workspace\java\research\testng_jdk14_tests\testng_jdk14_tests_test.christian.ServerConfiguration_3ca8502.xml]

Do you see something like this? If not than it means that the plugin is not even able to start the
TestNG run.