No Startup Exceptions logged in Eclipse TestNG output or console

Martin Backschat

Apr 21, 2006, 3:26:53 AM4/21/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com
It seems, that the Eclipse TestNG plugin does not show all exceptions, especially when the instantiation of a test class fails.

For example, if the constructor of a test class references another class that is not found in the classpath, you simply get this output:

de.mgm.urlaub.test.LoginTest
Total tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0

However, running with the same settings under a Java Application Run configuration shows what really has happened:

de.mgm.urlaub.test.LoginTest
Total tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/context/FacesContext
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2328)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructors(Class.java:1446)
at org.testng.internal.TestNGClassFinder.isTestNGClass(TestNGClassFinder.java:160)
at org.testng.internal.TestNGClassFinder.<init>(TestNGClassFinder.java:56)
at org.testng.TestRunner.initMethods(TestRunner.java:265)

Alexandru Popescu

Apr 21, 2006, 6:22:50 AM4/21/06
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin!

We already have 1 or 2 open JIRA issues for this problem. I was looking into it last night, but
unfortunately I couldn't find a way to fix it. Let's say that for the moment it is a known issue of
the Eclipse plugin. And sorry for inconvinience.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

#: Martin Backschat changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 4/21/2006 10:26 AM) :#