TestNG from Eclipse fails with default JBoss Tools Project.

rmb

Jan 7, 2010, 10:38:10 AM1/7/10
to testng-users
Hi,

I am making my first steps with TestNG and JBoss Tools so my
apologies if my question is trivial.

I am using: TestNG 5.11.0.28, Eclipse 3.5.1, JBoss Tools 3.1.0.M4 and
jdk1.6.0_17. I created a web project using JBoss Tools and added an
action to the project.

I want to test it by right clicking at the action test and running it
as TestNG. It fails immediately with the details listed below:

It is probably not the space problem in the javaw path since I
replaced it with a path without spaces (Copying the Java directory to
C: and pointing to it) with the same results.

I did not make a single change from the default creation of the
project, i.e. created the project, an Action, and Entity and running
the automatically created test for the Action.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rani.

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java
\jdk1.6.0_17\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:\Workspace\testSeam1-
test"): CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)
at org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin.exec(DebugPlugin.java:805)
at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.AbstractVMRunner.exec
(AbstractVMRunner.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.StandardVMRunner.run
(StandardVMRunner.java:317)
at org.testng.eclipse.launch.TestNGLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch
(TestNGLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:74)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch
(LaunchConfiguration.java:853)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch
(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch
(DebugUIPlugin.java:866)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run
(DebugUIPlugin.java:1069)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=87, The parameter
is incorrect
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:81)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)
... 10 more

Cédric Beust ♔

Jan 7, 2010, 11:25:19 AM1/7/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't seem to be a TestNG specific error, try the following search:

--
Cedric

Cédric

rmb

Jan 7, 2010, 12:23:15 PM1/7/10
to testng-users
Thanks for the reply, actually I tried this and multiple other,
similar searches, but could not find an answer, therefor I posted
here.

I agree that it might not be TestNG specific, but since the program
that triggers it is TestNG, and there is very little I am doing other
than running it, I was hoping that someone in this user group has
similar experience and would like to his solution with the community.

Best regards,
Rani.

On Jan 7, 6:25 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <cbe...@google.com> wrote:
> It doesn't seem to be a TestNG specific error, try the following search:
>

> http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS311US311&sourceid=chrome...

> > testng-users...@googlegroups.com<testng-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/testng-users?hl=en.
>
> --

> ***Cédric
> *

Cédric Beust ♔

Jan 7, 2010, 12:33:38 PM1/7/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I couldn't find an obvious answer after browsing the results in that search either, unfortunately.

It looks like all the people reporting this error are using MyEclipse, are you using it as well?  If you are, can you try to disable it?  This should help us narrow down the problem.

--
Cédric

rmb

Jan 7, 2010, 1:02:11 PM1/7/10
to testng-users
Hi,

Thanks again for your help and time.

No, I am not using MyEclipse. I am using Eclipse 3.5.1, with JBoss
Tools 3.1.0.M4 plugin. I used JBoss Tools to generate the project,
which works ok if activated with JBoss AS server. The only thing I can
think of base on what I read somewhere might be that I am running JDK
1.6 and I am not sure that TestNG supports it. I also do not know how
to run TestNG using a different JDK to test it.

I might try also the JBoss Tools Forum, maybe they encountered a
similar problem.

Best regards,
Rani.

On Jan 7, 7:33 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <cbe...@google.com> wrote:
> Yes, I couldn't find an obvious answer after browsing the results in that
> search either, unfortunately.
>
> It looks like all the people reporting this error are using MyEclipse, are
> you using it as well?  If you are, can you try to disable it?  This should
> help us narrow down the problem.
>
> --

> ***Cédric
> *

> > <testng-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<testng-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

Bill Michell

Jan 7, 2010, 1:16:56 PM1/7/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
TestNG works fine on Java 6, so whatever your problem is, it isn't that.

On 7 Jan 2010, at 18:02, rmb wrote:

> The only thing I can
> think of base on what I read somewhere might be that I am running JDK
> 1.6 and I am not sure that TestNG supports it.

--
Bill Michell
billm...@gmail.com

rmb

Jan 18, 2010, 5:05:45 AM1/18/10
to testng-users
Hi,

Found the problem. It was JBoss AS which was installed in the "My
Documents" folder which expands to a long path and made the deployment
temporary files inaccessible. After moving JBoss AS to C: this problem
went away.

Thanks,
Rani.

> billmich...@gmail.com