help !! why does testem append a random number to my url ???

Al J

Dec 26, 2014, 7:42:23 PM12/26/14
to testem...@googlegroups.com
I'm fairly new to grunt and totally new to testem (although I ran some selenium pools in a prior job) -- this is _just_ what I need right now !!

I'm using grunt-connect to serve a site that I'm building that uses cgi-scripts (for which I wrote a middleware) so I _must_ point testem at the grunt-connect version

in one window I start that using 'grunt serve'

then in another window I run 'grunt testem'

the browser window that opens up always has a random number appended to the url I gave it

my app is not expecting that and I'm dead in the water

how can I get testem (or whatever) to stop-doing-that !>!

I'm using:

    testem: {
      environment1: {
          url: 'http://localhost:9000/',
          launch_in_ci: ['Chrome']
        }
      }
    },

thanks
al;

Garey Taylor

Dec 2, 2015, 4:12:35 PM12/2/15
to Testem Users
Did you ever find out the solution?

Johannes Würbach

Dec 3, 2015, 1:35:51 PM12/3/15
to Testem Users
Hello,

testem appends a random identifier to your URL to correlate the started browser executable and the browser viewing the page.

Your server doesn't need to understand that schema as the browser should visit the server integrated into testem.

Mind posting your full testem config?

Best regards,
Johannes