add Arabic language URGENT

Anis Ch

Jul 21, 2016, 2:09:39 AM7/21/16
to tesseract-ocr

HELLO,
I need to add Arabic language to my tesseract ocr software ( version 5,41 march 2015)

I  try using the official site but I have Failed

Would you help me  :)

Marco Atzeri

Jul 21, 2016, 5:19:10 AM7/21/16
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
On 21/07/2016 00:09, Anis Ch wrote:

> *HELLO,
> I need to add Arabic language to my tesseract ocr software ( version
> 5,41 march 2015) *
> *
> *
> *I try using the official site but I have Failed*
> *
> *
> *Would you help me :) *

the latest files for Arabic language for Tesseract are here:

https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/langdata/tree/master/ara

Without more details from your side about:
- which operating system you are using
- which tesseract version (latest relase is 3.04.01)
- what you tried and what were the error messages

we can not really help you.

We have no cristall ball and we can not read on your
screen for you.

It may be URGENT for you, but it is our time, so
you need to be precise in your description
if you want to receive any help by anyone.

Regards
Marco

ShreeDevi Kumar

Jul 21, 2016, 8:22:37 AM7/21/16
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

Tesseract ocr does not have any version5,41 march 2015. Please specify what software you are using?

Arabic trained data was released with tesseract 3.02 and uses the cube engine.  As far as I know it has not been updated in 3.04.

Please download all ara.* Files from https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tessdata?files=1 to your tessdata directory and then use -l ara option while using tesseract from command line.

https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/Command-Line-Usage
- sent from my phone. excuse the brevity.