Specifying font to be recognized as input parameter

Vatsal Mishra

Nov 13, 2017, 12:09:07 PM11/13/17
to tesseract-ocr

I want to specify a font-family as an input parameter to tesseract-ocr when giving the image as an input. I looked online and even in the documentation but to no avail.

Is there any way to do this?
I want to do this so that Tesseract focuses on that particular font instead of going through all the other fonts and recognizing it.

I'm using version 4.00

For example:

The input image has Times New Roman font.
So I'd write something like ' tesseract image.jpg out "Times New Roman" '

Dan9er

Nov 13, 2017, 1:27:26 PM11/13/17
to tesseract-ocr
Hmmm. I don't think that's a thing right now. You would need to modify the source code for that.