Re: error 0xc0150002 in Tesseract

Sven Pedersen

Sep 26, 2012, 2:29:41 PM9/26/12
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Which version of Visual Studio? This link has some possible solutions:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/uk/vsdebug/thread/f2d31010-dc89-4290-8869-11bf4a037ea0
It looks like you may want to disable debugging (enable expert mode).
-_Sven

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Nada Feteha <nada....@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi I try run simple code use tesseract and I did all steps in this link
>
> http://tpgit.github.com/UnOfficialLeptDocs/leptonica/index.html
> but now I have this error any one have any idea how can I solve that ??
>

> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\BuildFolder\try\Debug\try.exe', Symbols loaded.
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Symbols loaded
> (source information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\BuildFolder\lib\libtesseract302d.dll', Symbols loaded.
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Symbols loaded
> (source information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Symbols loaded (source
> information stripped).
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\BuildFolder\lib\liblept168d.dll', Cannot find or open
> the PDB file
> The program '[7208] try.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566
> (0xc0150002).
>
> --

``All that is gold does not glitter,
not all those who wander are lost;
the old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be blade that was broken,
the crownless again shall be king.”

TP

Sep 27, 2012, 3:08:40 AM9/27/12
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Nada Feteha <nada....@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'try.exe': Loaded 'C:\BuildFolder\lib\liblept168d.dll', Cannot find or open
> the PDB file

The binary releases of leptonica do not supply the PDB files needed to
debug DLL versions. You will need to build the DLL Debug configuration
of Leptonica yourself. See [1] for instructions.

Alternatively, you could use the DLL Release version of tesseract. Or,
with a minor mod to the Solution, build a DLL Debug version of
tesseract that links with the liblept168.dll instead of
liblept168d.dll. You wouldn't be able to step into leptonica functions
in that case.

You could also temporarily use the LIB Debug configuration to do your debugging.

This is the unfortunate result of my not understanding what the /Z7
Visual C++ 2008 compiler switch [2] does. From reading the doc I
assumed that no PDB file would be required, but after v1.68 was
released I discovered that was not the case. I am considering not
bothering to include Debug DLLs in future binary releases since they
are apparently useless without also supplying the pdb (which has
explicit references to locations on my filesystem). Also, frankly, if
you are savvy enough to be using a DEBUG version, then you presumably
also have the source files and might as well build it yourself.

[1] http://tpgit.github.com/UnOfficialLeptDocs/vs2008/building-liblept.html

[2] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/958x11bc(v=vs.90).aspx

Gaara Sabaku

Oct 9, 2012, 8:48:14 PM10/9/12
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Don't give up, it can be done. I have two programs that use tesseract in both debug and release modes. And he is right, you will need to build the leptonica 2008 library in the proper debug mode ( debug.dll ), and use the necessary generated files( *.pdb are needed too ). It was probably one of the most difficult library's to get to work in debug mode that i have encountered. You should examine my post here ( 3rd down i think ):