Cannot open input file

r...@s1fire.com

Nov 23, 2013, 12:10:40 PM11/23/13
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
I am new to this software. I start at a command promt and input the following "tesseract phototest.tif out -l eng  " the output I receive is that tesseract cannot open the input file phototest.tif. I would appreciate any help to get the first test file run and start the process.

zdenko podobny

Nov 24, 2013, 3:27:50 PM11/24/13
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Was phototest.tif present in directory where did you run that command?

Zdenko

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM, <r...@s1fire.com> wrote:
I am new to this software. I start at a command promt and input the following "tesseract phototest.tif out -l eng  " the output I receive is that tesseract cannot open the input file phototest.tif. I would appreciate any help to get the first test file run and start the process.

---

r...@s1fire.com

Nov 24, 2013, 6:40:00 PM11/24/13
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
 Yes the phototest.tif is in the c:\tesseract-ocr directory. I tried to run the program from a DOS command prompt.

Faraz Arastu

Jul 25, 2016, 2:10:35 AM7/25/16
to tesseract-ocr
Hi Rodney, I am having the same problem even though I put my .jpg in the c:\tesseract-ocr folder where tesseract.exe is located. Did you find a solution?

Nina

Aug 1, 2016, 12:26:45 AM8/1/16
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,
I have an iMac with iOS X El Captian
I'm trying to run tesseract on a basic test file but i keep getting this:

Ninas-iMac:~ ninacordes$ tesseract -l deu MacintoshHD/Benutzer/ninacordes/Schreibtisch/Test.tif output

Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v3.04.01 with Leptonica

ERROR: Can not open input file MacintoshHD/Benutzer/ninacordes/Schreibtisch/Test.tif

What is even the problem with opening the file and how can I fix it? I've also tried a .png version of the test file as well as running it without the path. I'm not very experienced in working with Mac and I've googled for a solution for 2h now so I hope somebody can help me.