Re: 1 Text2Image.exe binary please?

Message has been deleted

Quan Nguyen

Aug 27, 2016, 9:05:10 PM8/27/16
to tesseract-ocr
There are other ways to generate TIFF & box files, via Tesseract binary itself, for instance. jTessBoxEditor tool can too create TIFF/Box file.

If you insist on a compiled version of Text2image, try the link below; however, it may not be executable in that version. There have been code commits since that may correct the issue.

https://github.com/UB-Mannheim/tesseract/wiki

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 3:28:41 PM UTC-5, John Timuty wrote:
See guys.. I badly need Text2image.exe but i cannot find it anywhere.
I had asked a question here.

But that didn't seem to work.
It was April 12, now today is August 28.. I am asking after 5 months today.
Is there any great soul in this world who will take the time to compile that 1 thing and upload it to mediafire or something?
This one thing has consumed 5 months of my life :'-(
I tried to compile it on windows 32 bit but it gave 100+ errors :'-(
Dear c/cpp experts.. Instead of telling everybody how to compile, isn't it a good idea to directly provide a compiled version?
I am not any intelligent software eng. I am just a normal human being.
Why didn't the developers take some time to upload the compiled binaries? :'-(
Somebody please help!
I now feel pain in my heart for wasting 5 months of my life for 1 program.
Somebody please compile 'Text2Image.cpp' for the needy who don't know how to do it.
Message has been deleted

Gautam Navapara

Aug 28, 2016, 2:31:54 AM8/28/16
to tesseract-ocr
yes there won't be any file named text2image.exe but tesseract.exe is doing same work. I'm also working on project to improve accuracy of tesseract. whatever Quan Nguyen suggested is right. and even if you want to compile, https://vorba.ch/2014/tesseract-3.03-vs2013.html here is complete guide to compile it. but if you want compiled, tesseract.exe is there.

ShreeDevi Kumar

Aug 28, 2016, 2:40:54 AM8/28/16
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Gautam,

That is incorrect.

tesseract.exe is the program for doing OCR - it converts an image to text.

text2image.exe is just the opposite. It takes text and converts it to images (tiff files) using different fonts. It is used to creating training data - box/tiff pairs, for tesseract.

As Quan mentioned you can use jtessboxeditor on windows for similar functionality as text2image. See http://vietocr.sourceforge.net/training.html and read about tiff/box generator.

ShreeDevi

Gautam Navapara

Aug 28, 2016, 3:58:18 AM8/28/16
to tesseract-ocr
Yeah you are right. Don't know how i wrote tesseract.exe. I mean to say there is also text2image.exe compiled version. when we install software through tesseract-ocr-setup-3.05.00dev.exe

Quan Nguyen

Aug 28, 2016, 8:29:04 AM8/28/16
to tesseract-ocr
Installing tesseract-ocr-setup-3.05.00dev.exe will give text2image.exe -- check your folder again -- but the program is not usable at this time anyway. There were subsequent code commits that may have fixed it. I would wait for the next release from them.

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 1:05:48 AM UTC-5, John Timuty wrote:
I downloaded and installed it..
There does not exist any 'text2image.EXE' in the tesseract folder.. :-(
Message has been deleted

Quan Nguyen

Aug 28, 2016, 12:26:09 PM8/28/16
to tesseract-ocr
They just released today an updated version of Tesseract training binary, which fixed text2image. The program is still unstable, though, but usable. Go download jTessBoxEditor again and try out.

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 9:34:06 AM UTC-5, John Timuty wrote:
Hello there everyone!
You people have been a great help to me, thanks for everything! ^_^

Today i downloaded Jtessboxeditor 2.0 beta and got Text2image.EXE Finally! :'-D
But it sucks. It shows stupid errors for no reasons. What a crap.
I wasted 5 months of my life waiting for unknown people to compile me this crap ~_~
RIP Text2Image.cpp >.< Curse this crap.
Message has been deleted

Quan Nguyen

Sep 18, 2016, 9:18:34 AM9/18/16
to tesseract-ocr
That would break the box file since it's not compliant to Tesseract box coordinate specifications.

The program is open-source and developed using NetBeans IDE. Its code is fairly easy to follow. You can change it any way you'd like to.

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 7:26:32 AM UTC-5, John Timuty wrote:
Hey there Quan!
Will you please do me a favor? ^_~
Because you have made Jtessbox editor, I'd like to req you personally..
You have kept an option to 'Save' the box file in File menu.

Will you modify it and put the code to SAVE the data present in the Data Grid 'AS IT IS'?
Please see the screenshot to easily understand what i want to say..

I don't know java so i request you to please make a small change and compile it for me..
Please. Please?