How to train Tesseract to recognize raster fonts?

smwikipedia smwikipedia

May 11, 2015, 9:27:36 PM5/11/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

I am using Tesseract to do OCR for some screenshots. The characters in screenshots are in raster fonts. But Tesseract requires True Type Font or Open Type Font file for training?

So how to train Tesseract to recognize raster fonts?

smwikipedia smwikipedia

May 12, 2015, 1:47:07 AM5/12/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
I just read this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/tesseract-ocr/ZsYvAIHWumA/XVMhN7j6__sJ

They mentioned not to use tesseract for raster font recognition.

Anyway, as a workaround, I will try to find a TrueType font that is close to my raster fonts. And still train tesseract with that TrueType font.

If there's some other suggestion, please advise. Thanks.

在 2015年5月12日星期二 UTC+8上午9:27:36,smwikipedia smwikipedia写道:

smwikipedia smwikipedia

May 12, 2015, 1:53:03 AM5/12/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
To find the possible font, I will use: https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/