Tesseract 3.03: 'boxchar.lo' is not a valid libtool object

smwikipedia smwikipedia

May 9, 2015, 10:59:34 AM5/9/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

I have been trying to compile Tesseract 3.03 rc1 these days. I have tried Cygwin, MinGW+MSYS, MSYS2+MinGW-w64. And now I am using the Xubuntu 15.04.

I have successfully compiled the tesseract with make install.

But when I trying to compile the training tools with make training, I see the following error:

Anyone could shed some light on this?? I am kind of out of clue now.

(BTW, I see someone mentioned the tesseract 3.04. But I can only find the 3.03 rc1 at google's location. Anyone know where the 3.04 is?)

smwikipedia smwikipedia

May 9, 2015, 10:59:35 AM5/9/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

smwikipedia smwikipedia

May 12, 2015, 9:22:04 AM5/12/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
I have solved this issue.

I change to use Xubuntu as my compile environment. And use `apt-get source` command to download the latest `3.03.03` code. It compiles well. I guess there's something missing for the `3.03 rc1`.

在 2015年5月9日星期六 UTC+8下午10:59:34,smwikipedia smwikipedia写道:

ShreeDevi Kumar

May 12, 2015, 9:38:34 AM5/12/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

3.04 has not been released. However, if you want the latest version, you have to compile using the source files available by using git clone from code.google.com ... There is also a github repo

EXCUSE THE BREVITY, SENT FROM PHONE