"Empty page" when trying to make box file of .tiff

IBalic

Mar 13, 2014, 8:17:00 AM3/13/14
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to train tesseract for some digits I am taking pictures of.

The picture is originally in JPG-format, and I convert them to .TIFF with ImageMagick. I actually have several photos that I do this procedure with.
When I am doing: "tesseract <pic> <box-prefix> batch.nochop makebox"
I get "Empty page!!"-error, and no box-file is generated. I have other pictures that are almost identical (just other digits), and they work. I guess around 3/10 pictures fail with this error.

The picture is attached, and I hope some of you are able to help me.
dig.akerdig.exp0.tiff

Federico D'Ignazio

Nov 29, 2016, 3:25:42 PM11/29/16
to tesseract-ocr
Is ok to "Up" this? I've got a really similar problem, with small images