Try to create box but it failed

yifen...@hustunique.com

Dec 5, 2016, 11:08:45 AM12/5/16
to tesseract-ocr
Hello,

I'm trying to use Tesseract to recognize some texts in Chinese. While most of the work is done very well, I find that some of the characters can not been recognized (I have cut all texts into single character). I try using these command  'tesseract example.tif example batch.nochop makebox' and 'tesseract example.tif example -psm 10 batch.nochop makebox' to create the box file. It looks going well but when I try editing it with jTessBoxEditor, the box file seems to be empty.

Here's the screenshots of the jTessBoxEditor and the command.

Can I just add a box to the file or do something to let Tesseract recognize it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yifeng