"M_PI not declared" error, building 3.03-rc1 with cygwin

J. Heald

Jan 10, 2015, 7:07:21 AM1/10/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick note that I got compile errors in four places that M_PI was not declared, when building 3.03-rc1 under cygwin.

The four files in question were:
   ccstruct/points.cpp
   textord/baselinedetect.cpp
   cube/bmp_8.cpp
   cube/feature_chebyshev.cpp

Presumably this was because M_PI was dropped from the math library by ISO in C99, and cygwin may have been set up to be strict by default.

It was fixed easily enough by adding the appropriate #DEFINE, but that shouldn't really be needed in a "release candidate" build.

Apologies if this is an old issue and long since fixed, but I thought I should at least flag it.

All best,

   James.

ShreeDevi Kumar

Jan 10, 2015, 8:31:23 AM1/10/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

leptonica 1.71 is required

ShreeDevi

J. Heald

Jan 10, 2015, 4:07:38 PM1/10/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  The current tree all built smoothly, without a hitch.