Tessaract OCR for Sinhala

Oshan Ivantha

Jan 5, 2018, 1:37:45 AM1/5/18
to tesseract-dev
Hi everyone,

I am a third year Computer Science undergraduate at University of Colombo School of Computing (Sri Lanka). And I am interested in improving the quality and the standard of OCR for the Sinhala language in Tessaract. So far I've encountered some errors that I think occurs due to the nature of Sinhala language. (I am not quite sure. But I am about to dive into the documentation and the implementation of Tessaract to find out). It would be helpful if there is someone in the Tessaract community who did work on the things regarding Sinhala so that I can discuss the errors specific to the language.

I am hoping that I can make a meaningful contribution to the Tessaract in coming days :)

Thanks.

Thomas Güttler

May 25, 2018, 8:53:19 AM5/25/18
to tesseract-dev
Dear Oshan Ivantha,

I am not a tesseract developer, but I have the same issue: I want to improve tesseract for my language.

It's sad, that you received no feedback.

Did you manage to improve the ocr result, or do you use a different tool now?

Regards,
  Thomas