I made an error running configure; how do I start over?

dbrow...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2018, 7:20:14 AM6/9/18
to tesseract-dev
I made an error running configure. I was following the instructions at https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/Compiling#macos under macOS with Homebrew and Compile.

I typed "./configure CC=gcc-6 CXX=g++-6 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/icu4c/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib". I got a message saying that the c++ compiler couldn't make executables.

Then I typed "./configure CC=" and Enter, and it worked, but I didn't assign the other environment variables.

I also typed "make" after that and that worked.

How do I start over with configure? Can I just type the command again, or do I have to erase or undo other things first?

Jan Ruzicka

Jun 9, 2018, 4:11:43 PM6/9/18
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hi
To clean project with auto tools, it is usually enough to run make distclean.
The configure then starts with clean slate.

Jan