[RFC] Replace -oem / -psm by --oem / --psm?

Stefan Weil

Nov 29, 2016, 4:25:07 PM11/29/16
to tesseract-dev
Many command line programs use a single '-' for single character options,
but two '-' for long options (GNU coding standards).

Tesseract partially uses this standard, but not for -oem and -psm.

I suggest to change both of these options to require two '-' for 4.0.
As 4.0 is a new major versions, changes of command line options
might be acceptable.

3.05 uses -psm (no -oem). Here we could also support the standard form,
but keep code which also supports the single '-' form.

Stefan

Zdenko Podobný

Nov 30, 2016, 2:37:40 AM11/30/16
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
I am fine with it if we keep also single characters option for compatibility reason.

Zdenko