"How to" for beginners?

localdog

Jul 11, 2013, 12:35:29 PM7/11/13
to terrific...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to read through this and its very confusing.  I purchased a theme from Themeforest that is using TerrificJS so I'm trying to figure out what this is all about.  Is there a "beginners guide to" that I can read to get a better grip on what this is all about?

Remo Brunschwiler

Jul 12, 2013, 3:18:37 AM7/12/13
to terrific...@googlegroups.com
Hi localdog

terrific.js should not be that confusing. If you already read the concept behind at http://terrifically.org/ – it's all about modularizing your javascript code based on your .mod css classes – everything you need look for in your purchased theme is where the modules are located. I don't know about your theme, but my guess is, that there is one javascript file per module.

So all you need to know is, that the javascript file in your module – especially the 'on' hook method – is executed if the module (class .mod-xyz) is present on your current page.

For all the other questions please contact the in-depth documentation at http://terrifically.org/api/ – especially the modules and bootstrap chapter – or feel free to ask again :-)

Hope this helps & Cheers
Remo

btw: Which theme are you using?