Re: Yandamuri Novels

viplavreddy

Oct 2, 2004, 9:24:52 PM10/2/04
to racch...@yahoogroups.com

--- In racch...@yahoogroups.com, "lylayer" <lylayfl@a...> wrote:
> my next post will be on Veerendra nadh's novel, in
> the thread 'olga's story - interpretation.'

why in that thread?

I think Yandamuri atleast deserves a separate thread by his own
name - So pl feel free to use this link ... if you wish.

I am curious to get another opinion from a well-read woman, on any
of his (YVN) novels --

I can remember it like yesterday, a fight between a women's degree
college teaching staff & its students - to bring YVN for their
college annual function ... you can guess who won -- most novel
writers were dismissed by 'the elite' as trash peddlers especially
during the time when seeking admission into engg and medical courses
was considered the only bright path ever existed -- and one can
imagine the contempt shown toward YVN by the teaching staff who
probably have not read any -- but the students, no one stands a
chance of winning over girls, especially if they are united behind a
writer they loved at the time.

The incident became a part of my memory -- I was in early teens
perhaps -- especially because during the very same year, another
government degree college in the same town where 'boys' ruled in
most positions ... they had invited Ratnamala (I am not sure what
she her current position is but she was at the time representing
RSU?? or some group like that and later she headed up APCLC!?) --

The gap among men and women of the same age/study group has been
incredibly different atleast in Telangana region...other reports
suggest to me the same from other parts -

Just thought of finishing this thought -
regards,
viplav

Courtesy: http://www.kanneganti.com/