when i run the GoogleStartPageTestCase, there is a error

laimu

Jul 28, 2008, 5:11:31 AM7/28/08
to Aost-users

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method:
java.lang.String.isEmpty() is applicable for argument types: ()
values: {}
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.unwrap(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:
55)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:
172)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod0(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:
198)
at aost.dsl.UiID.convertToUiID(UiID.groovy:17)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:
86)
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeStaticMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:
1105)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:
749)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:
170)
at aost.dsl.UiDslParser.walkTo(UiDslParser.groovy:60)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:
86)
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:912)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:756)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePogoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:
778)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:
758)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:
170)
at aost.dsl.DslContext.type(DslContext.groovy:76)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:
86)
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:912)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodOnCurrentN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:
78)
at example.google.GoogleStartPage.type1(GoogleStartPage.groovy:17)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:
86)
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:912)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:756)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePogoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:
778)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:
758)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:
170)
at
example.test.GoogleStartPageTestCase1.testTypeGoogle(GoogleStartPageTestCase1.groovy:
29)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:
130)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:
38)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:
460)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:
673)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:
386)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:
196)

John.Ji...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2008, 10:46:59 AM7/28/08
to Aost-users
Thanks for trying our code. We need more information so track your
issue.

Please let us know what code base you use, i.e., are you using the
code from aost-0.3.0.tar.gz or code from AOST subversion trunk?
Also what is your operating system, windows, mac, or linux? Are you
running in IDE or command line? If IDE, what IDE and what Groovy
plugin you are using?

Thanks,

Jian

laimu

Jul 28, 2008, 10:26:08 PM7/28/08
to Aost-users
i tried the the code from aost-0.3.0.tar.gz and code from AOST
subversion trunk, also i tried it in my project,
the same error
en, i use:
OS: window xp
IDE:eclipse + groovy eclipse plugin 1.5.6 (download from:http://
dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/update/)

John.Ji...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2008, 10:57:51 PM7/28/08
to Aost-users
Thanks for your information. We will repeat the test and trace the
problem. Will Let you know the result soon.

Thanks,

Jian

Jian Fang

Jul 29, 2008, 1:22:41 AM7/29/08
to Aost-users
Laimu,

I used Eclipse3.4 + the Groovy Plug-in from the site you provided to run the test on linux, but cannot repeat the problem. Tomorrow, another project member, Vivek will try to reproduce this problem on Windows. We will let you know about the result.

By the way, the Groovy Plugin for Eclipse really sucks and that is why we moved to IntelliJ to develop AOST since IntelliJ comes with excellent Groovy plugin JetGroovy. You can download and try IntelliJ for 30 days from the site:

http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/index.html

Thanks,

Jian

John.Ji...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2008, 1:03:16 AM7/29/08
to Aost-users
Laimu,

I download Eclipse 3.4 with Groovy Plugin using the site you provided
and run the test on Linux, but cannot reproduce the
error you found. Tomorrow, another project member, Vivek, will try on
Windows and we will let you know about the results.

By the way, Eclipse Groovy plugin really sucks. One colleague found
memory leak problem for Eclipse Groovy Plugin and
soon Eclipse crashed after some operations. That is why all our
developments are on IntelliJ, which comes with excellent Groovy
Plugin: JetGroovy.

You can download IntelliJ and try it for 30 days from:

http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/index.html

Anyway, we will follow you up with your issue.

Thanks,

Jian

vivekm...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2008, 10:14:14 AM7/29/08
to laimu, aost-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Laimu,

I tried to replicate the problem using Eclipse 3.4 JEE on Windows XP
with Groovy Eclipse plugin. I also used the trunk code. May be the
project settings is causing that problem. I had some problems with the
compilation but once I fixed the building problems in Eclipse, the
test ran fine. This may or may not help you but check the project
settings and make sure the output folder is ${project}/bin-groovy and
also include that folder as class folder in the libraries tab.

We'll do a little more debugging to trace the problem.

Thanks,
Vivek

vivekm...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2008, 10:20:36 AM7/29/08
to Aost-users, land...@gmail.com
We discovered the problem. Its in UiID.groovy. we are using isEmpty()
on the String which is only available in Java 6. We'll fix this
problem ASAP but in the mean time you can use Java 6 with our
framework.

Thanks
Vivek

John.Ji...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2008, 4:48:42 PM7/29/08
to Aost-users
I created an issue here:

http://code.google.com/p/aost/issues/detail?id=1

I will commit the fix by tonight.

Thanks,

Jian

John.Ji...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2008, 8:20:57 PM7/29/08
to Aost-users
Fixed on the trunk. Please let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks,

Jian

laimu

Jul 29, 2008, 10:36:07 PM7/29/08
to Aost-users
it can work well now ,thank you very much!
did you use SilkTest(a business software from Borland) before, the
AOST frame is very similar to SilkTest,
the AOST frame is easier to code and maintain compared with the
Selenium test framework.
i think it will have a brighter future.

John.Ji...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2008, 11:17:13 PM7/29/08
to Aost-users
You are welcome and your feedback is really valuable to us. We really
appreciate that.

Yes, we have Silk Test in our company, but I do not really like it
because Its coding style looks like old school stuff.

Please keep trying our framework and giving us your valuable
feedbacks.

Thanks,

Jian