Certificate issue

WinWin

Sep 16, 2009, 5:57:57 AM9/16/09
to tellurium-users
Hi,

How can I get rid of the certificate issue?
My test case failed when it hits the page where I'll need to accept
the certificate.
Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Harihara Vinayakaram

Sep 16, 2009, 6:13:34 AM9/16/09
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
If you are running Firefox you can do the following :
    Create a new profile.
   Using this profile Visit the site once and accept the certificate etc
   Use the same profile in the selenium server java -jar selenium-server.jar -firefoxProfileTemplate <name of the directory where your profile is located>

Regards
Hari

WinWin

Sep 17, 2009, 12:21:07 AM9/17/09
to tellurium-users
Hi Hari,

I have created a new profile and pointed the selenium server to the
correct path, the server can be started successfully.
Also tried to accept the certificate with the new user profile once.
But I am still getting the page which required me to accept the
certificate.
What did I left out? Kindly guide. Thx!
> > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Harihara Vinayakaram

Sep 17, 2009, 2:01:20 AM9/17/09
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Hi
  I am assuming that when you access this page using the same profile (firefox -P <profileName>) you are not asked to download certificate the second time. Can you confirm that ?

Regards
Hari

WinWin

Sep 17, 2009, 2:13:50 AM9/17/09
to tellurium-users
Hi Hari,

When i accessed this page from firefox using the same profile, it does
not lead me to the accept certificate page.
But when i run the page from Eclipse, it will lead me to the
certificate page.
I have already pointed selenium to the same profile. Even restarted
the selenium server, but it's still not working.
Why? Pls advice. Thx!

Harihara Vinayakaram

Sep 17, 2009, 2:22:42 AM9/17/09
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Hi
   I would suspect that the Selenium Server is not using your firefox Profile. The default Selenium behavior is to create a new Profile every time and use it ?

    I am assuming you have set up Tellurium Config to not start the selenium server but start this from outside (using java -jar selenium-server.jar -port xxxx -firefoxProfileTemplate yyyy )

   I don't know if there is an option in Firefox to find the currently running profile

Regards
Hari

WinWin

Sep 17, 2009, 4:47:24 AM9/17/09
to tellurium-users
Hi Hari,

Do i have to point to a specific file in the profile folder?
When i tried to run "java -jar selenium -server.jar -
firefoxProfileTemplate C:\tools\Profile\user_eclipse" from the cmd
prompt, this is what i get:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The system
cannot find the file specified
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

I check the path is correct.
Thx.

On Sep 17, 2:22 pm, Harihara Vinayakaram <hvr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi

Harihara Vinayakaram

Sep 17, 2009, 4:57:05 AM9/17/09
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
You need to point only to the directory.  I think the error you are getting is not related to the firefox profile template. I think the error message says it cannot find your jar file (seleneium-server.jar) .

Regards
Hari