Tellurium core package name change

John

Dec 9, 2009, 11:19:10 AM12/9/09
to tellurium-users
Hi all,

Since there are a lot of changes in the code after the merge and
update, I like to change the tellurium core package name from
org.tellurium to org.telluriumsource. The reason is that tellurium.org
does not really belong to us. We have registered the
telluriumsource.org domain name. I plan to do that tonight and create
a wiki page to list all the changes.

Any objections?

Thanks,

Jian

Jonathan Share

Dec 11, 2009, 7:43:59 AM12/11/09
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
2009/12/9 John <john.ji...@gmail.com>:
Just a short experience report from after the change (as I'm running
the 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT version.

The first thing I noticed as a problem was that I got the following
error when trying to run my tests

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.tellurium.bootstrap.TelluriumSupport.class$(TelluriumSupport.groovy)
at org.tellurium.bootstrap.TelluriumSupport.$get$$class$org$tellurium$framework$TelluriumFrameworkMetaClass(TelluriumSupport.groovy)
Caused by: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException:
Cannot cast object &apos;{}&apos; with class
&apos;groovy.util.ConfigObject&apos; to class
&apos;java.lang.Number&apos;
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.DefaultTypeTransformation.castToNumber(DefaultTypeTransformation.java:130)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.DefaultTypeTransformation.intUnbox(DefaultTypeTransformation.java:56)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.DefaultTypeTransformation.castToType(DefaultTypeTransformation.java:300)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedField.setProperty(CachedField.java:61)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.setProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:2339)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.setProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:3279)
at org.tellurium.framework.Environment.setProperty(Environment.groovy)
at groovy.lang.GroovyObject$setProperty.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:43)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:116)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:128)
at org.tellurium.config.TelluriumConfigurator.configEnvironment(TelluriumConfigurator.groovy:230)

The first thing I did was to go back to my maven module containing my
tellurium modules where I started getting messages about
TelluriumJavaTestCase DslContext not being found, at which point I
remembered this thread and updated my maven dependencies and imports
allowing my modules to build.

However this did not fix the problem above, it seems that this is the
error message you get when there is something missing from
TelluriumConfig.groovy. After overwriting my TelluriumConfig with the
one found in trunk my tests started running again.

It would be nice if;
a) If a property is missing from the config then a sane default is used or;
b) when a property is found to be missing from the config a better
error message should be rendered, telling which property caused the
problem and telling the user where they can find a sample config file.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jian Fang

Dec 11, 2009, 10:10:10 AM12/11/09
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Wow, you updated so quickly. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am working on the wiki page for all
the updates. Still in progress, but most parts are done now, you may like to take a look and feel
free to provide some suggestions.

http://code.google.com/p/aost/wiki/Tellurium070Update

You have very good point about the error message of the configuration file. We certainly will add that support.

Please let us know if you have any other problems.

Thanks,

Jian

Jian Fang

Dec 11, 2009, 3:39:41 PM12/11/09
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
I just added the support for the configuration file check. That can be easily demonstrated by the following example, if we comment out the following section in TelluriumConfig.groovy
      //the bundling tier
//    bundle{
//        maxMacroCmd = 5
//        useMacroCommand = false
//    }

What will happen? Tellurium will throw the following exception

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at java
.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java
.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)

        at org
.telluriumsource.bootstrap.TelluriumSupport.class$(TelluriumSupport.groovy)
        at org
.telluriumsource.bootstrap.TelluriumSupport.$get$$class$org$telluriumsource$framework$TelluriumFrameworkMetaClass(TelluriumSupport.groovy)
        at org
.telluriumsource.bootstrap.TelluriumSupport.addSupport(TelluriumSupport.groovy:17)
        at org
.telluriumsource.test.java.TelluriumTestNGTestCase.setUpForTest(TelluriumTestNGTestCase.java:22)
        at sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun
.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java
.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org
.testng.internal.MethodHelper.invokeMethod(MethodHelper.java:607)
        at org
.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurationMethod(Invoker.java:417)
        at org
.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(Invoker.java:154)
        at org
.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(Invoker.java:88)
        at org
.testng.TestRunner.beforeRun(TestRunner.java:510)
        at org
.testng.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:478)
        at org
.testng.SuiteRunner.runTest(SuiteRunner.java:332)
        at org
.testng.SuiteRunner.runSequentially(SuiteRunner.java:327)
        at org
.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(SuiteRunner.java:299)
        at org
.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:204)
        at org
.testng.TestNG.createAndRunSuiteRunners(TestNG.java:867)
        at org
.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:832)
        at org
.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:748)
        at org
.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.run(RemoteTestNG.java:73)
        at org
.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.main(RemoteTestNG.java:124)
Caused by: org.telluriumsource.exception.ConfigNotFoundException: Cannot find Tellurium Configuration tellurium.bundle.maxMacroCmd, please check http://code.google.com/p/aost/wiki/TelluriumConfig070 for updated TelluriumConfig.groovy, or report to Tellurium user group at http://groups.google.com/group/tellurium-users
        at sun
.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun
.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun
.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java
.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at org
.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:77)
        at org
.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:107)
        at org
.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallConstructor(CallSiteArray.java:52)
        at org
.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:192)
        at org
.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:200)
        at org
.telluriumsource.config.TelluriumConfigurator.checkConfig(TelluriumConfigurator.groovy:41)