How to Check SIMs registered under to CNIC/NIC

KiM

Nov 24, 2008, 3:43:03 AM11/24/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Dear All,

Do anyone know a method how to check SIMs registered under to CNIC/NIC
so that you can block the illegal SIMs.

1.) One Method is to go to each Franchise with you CNIC& verify.
2.) Please mention the simple & quick to ways other than the one I
mentioned.

Thankx

===============
KiM
http://www.mbaphd.co.cc

Shaheer Khan

Nov 24, 2008, 7:34:47 AM11/24/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Send a blank message to 667. That should give you the basic details.

Surprisingly, Telenor doesn't have the spellings of my name right
(though the ID card is correct), and this took place after I got the
connection transferred from my dad's name to mine. Truly Pakistani!

Shariq Khan

Nov 24, 2008, 7:22:19 AM11/24/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Send blank SMS to 667 (MNP) . You will shortly receive a reply with the number ownership details.

Shariq Khan

Babar

Nov 24, 2008, 9:59:29 AM11/24/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
I think there's a 3 Rs charge for this service.

http://telecompk.net/2008/11/01/send-sms-to-667-to-verify-your-sim-ownership/

Babar

On Nov 24, 6:22 am, "Shariq Khan" <shariqrazak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Send blank SMS to 667 (MNP) . You will shortly receive a reply with the
> number ownership details.
>
> Shariq Khan

Faried Nawaz

Nov 24, 2008, 10:15:24 AM11/24/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
You've answered the wrong question. The poster would like to know
which SIMs are registered against his NIC. He may or may not have
access to all the SIMs.

(I'm interested in this procedure as well.)

KiM

Nov 24, 2008, 9:35:43 AM11/24/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Dear All,

May be your are not getting my point.

How one can check That SIMs are issued on his CNIC & someone else is
using the Sim.. I'm not asking about the ownership the sim one have..

e.g Person A got & CNIC copy of Person B & get a SIM from any
franchise. Is it possible for Person B to trace how many SIMs are
taken on his ID (& being used illegally or blah blah...).

Thanks to all who have contributed above but it was irrelevant.

KiM
http://www.easylearning.co.cc
> >http://www.mbaphd.co.cc- Hide quoted text -

Fawad Niazi

Nov 25, 2008, 4:00:29 AM11/25/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
I went to Telenor Customer Service center to check SIMs in my name. There was three while i had two so i blocked the extra at the spot by showing my original CNIC.

I guess its worth to go to each operators' service center to avoid any unfortunate incident.

Be careful in these matters:: its the right way of living in Pakistan

Rehan Allah Wala

Nov 25, 2008, 8:32:33 PM11/25/08
to KiM, telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
why is there not a web site ti do this ?
Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
Msn/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Email: Re...@Rehan.com
http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions
Http://www.DIDX.net - DID Number Market Place.
Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
By Gandhi.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

Rehan Allah Wala

Nov 25, 2008, 8:32:33 PM11/25/08
to KiM, telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
why is there not a web site ti do this ?

KiM

Nov 25, 2008, 8:32:28 AM11/25/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Yes dear you followed the method i Mentioned in my post.

I too have seen 3 SIMs issued on my CNIC & i get them blocked. But
Zong is not giving any information to me. That why i asked you people
to sort out the issue as well as there should be a fool proof system
By PTA to do so.

But i think there is no such yet.

Zak

Dec 3, 2008, 3:52:42 AM12/3/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
You can get it checked from the Service Provider office they have
details of each number registered against your CNIC. Secondly if you
have contacts in NADRA they can also give you information on the Sims
registered against your CNIC by all providers.

Under new instructions from NADRA for PTA/ Telecom Operators all the
CNIC which have been blocked due to fraud, alien, or other foreign
Nationals (Afghan, Iran etc) cant be used for sims so all sims
registered against them are being blocked. Similarly bank accounts
have been blocked as well on blocked CNIC.

Regards,

Zak

Majed Jahandad

Dec 3, 2008, 5:22:10 AM12/3/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
the sales executives of telecom companies will just copy and put in CNICs for all missing ones. No one will ever know how many SIMs are being used in his name and how many are being deleted. I had a number that was not on my name despite sending the CNIC along with the form and it took me 6 months to get the number on my name.
going to providers to check your name when they are not even willing to give away the information is something most people cant afford to do in terms of time required
this process should be automated or atleast warnings should be givn out well in time before taking action

Majed
http://www.majedjahandad.com/
--

Majed Jahandad Qureshi