Re: [technomads] Digest for technomads@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

John Gaskell

Feb 15, 2011, 3:36:55 AM2/15/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
Let me know how it goes. I'll be dragging the family to Singapore in July for 2 years!

--
John Gaskell
Sent with Sparrow

On Monday, February 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM, technomad...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/technomads/topics

    "David A. Desrosiers" <david.a.d...@gmail.com> Feb 14 07:39PM -0500 ^

    On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM, David A. Desrosiers
    > in dimensions, that smooshing down the 65 in an overhead might just
    > fit, without complaint... and give you 1,167 more cubic inches of
    > space..

    I ended up going with the Osprey 46, which is very solidly
    constructed... but then someone alerted me to the severe airline
    restrictions on weight.. 7kg total, across 2 carry-on items, one of
    which can be a laptop. One of my laptops + 9-cell battery is pushing
    8lbs already, and I need to take two with me (the second one is much
    lighter, maybe 3-4 pounds).

    But I was hoping to put the full 8-9 days worth of clothes, shoes,
    toiletries, etc. in the Osprey 46, but now I can't... even though it
    will squish into the overhead, it's going to contain more than 15
    pounds of kit.

    It looks like I'll have to check a bag anyway, which sucks since the
    flight is 20+ hours in the air, from end to end.

    Has anyone ever flown Singapore Airlines -recently-, and know what
    they will or will not let you sldie through with, for carry-on? I'm
    flying Business Class on all legs of the journey.

    Thanks!

--
---
TECHNOMADS