Awesome stuff: Bike Friday folding bikes!

Julian Finn

Jun 12, 2011, 7:31:01 PM6/12/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

no way I am affiliated with the company but still quite enthusiastic.
Still, if you really really don't want to listen to anything that sounds
like a commercial, just skip my e-mail ;-)
Anyway:
Yesterday my "New World Traveller" folding bike by
BikeFriday(http://bikefriday.com) arrived.
And what can I say? It sorta comes directly from Geek (or Technomad)
heaven!
Okay, it cost me 1900 US Dollars including shipping, but:
It is a 27 gear (!) folding bike that easily takes me not only through
daily traffic but also on longer trips across the country. It is custom
built aaand: it comes in a Samsonite Suitcase from which I can take out
the bike, unfold it, attach wheels to the suitcase and turn it into a
trailer for all my stuff!
Watch Video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwStL94Xudo
From my first tests yesterday i can tell you, that all my expectations
have been at least met. This thing is awesome!

Cheers,

Julian