Dwell Magazine: (was Shipping Container to Off-Grid, Open-Source, Affordable Home)

David A. Desrosiers

Jun 17, 2011, 11:37:57 AM6/17/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:55 PM, <patric...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Read dwell magazine any issue, its been done a million times. Just sayin.

Speaking of Dwell magazine, has anyone actually subscribed to it? Any
value for technomads/minimalist living? From what I see on their
website, it's more about showcasing "artsy" living spaces and extreme
styles, not speciifically anything about downsizing life, technomadia
or minimalism.

Comments?

Jack Bennett

Jun 17, 2011, 11:55:42 AM6/17/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com

I had a subscription a few years back. It's really more design focused although it seems to have slightly more of an ecology / sustainability outlook than other magazines in that area (e.g. Architectural Digest).

It's not aimed at minimalism as a philosophy, although it tends toward minimalism as an aesthetic. I certainly can't recall any articles on technomadia / frugality / downsizing.

-Jack

--
Jack Bennett | ja...@thirtytwothousanddays.com
Executive and Personal Coach

Dino Corvino

Jun 17, 2011, 1:18:42 PM6/17/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
I subscribe, have done so since year one.  Lots of value in seeing things in a new way.

--
---
TECHNOMADS

---

With Gratitude the Universe is Eternally Abundant

Cherie @Technomadia

Jun 18, 2011, 2:52:50 AM6/18/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
 I certainly can't recall any articles on technomadia / frugality / downsizing.

It always makes me chuckle when I see our self-created name of 'technomadia' used as a more general term.  Technomadia is our own personal identification that we created when we set out.. it's kinda like a shared last name to us.   I believe the term 'technomadism' would be the more general usage of the word.

David A. Desrosiers

Jun 19, 2011, 11:23:01 AM6/19/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Cherie @Technomadia
<che...@technomadia.com> wrote:
> Technomadia is our own personal identification that we created when we set
> out.. it's kinda like a shared last name to us.   I believe the term
> 'technomadism' would be the more general usage of the word.

Point noted, but my intent was to liken the word to the actual
grammatical expansion of the term by adding 'ia' at the end, much like
'academia' or 'bacteria'.. The term "technomadism" to me sounds too
close to "masochism" (audibly) :)

How about I use "technomadium" (much like 'bacterium') instead..

Lefty

Jun 19, 2011, 2:38:25 PM6/19/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com, techn...@googlegroups.com
Or "technomadicissitude". Doesn't really make much difference, people generally won't have a clue what you're talking about.

__
Sent from my Steve-Phone