Shipping Container to Off-Grid, Open-Source, Affordable Home

Luke Iseman

Jun 15, 2011, 4:14:02 PM6/15/11
to the technomads
Thought some other technomads might be interested in my project:

I'm going to convert a shipping container into an off-grid home and
write a book about it. More information, including an initial CAD
model and the ability to pre-order a book, is on my kickstarter page:
http://kck.st/kwOSCM . Would appreciate any/all feedback.

Thanks,
Luke

patric...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2011, 11:55:46 PM6/16/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
Read dwell magazine any issue, its been done a million times. Just sayin.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Thanks,
Luke

--
---
TECHNOMADS

---

Brandon LaRocque

Jun 17, 2011, 1:20:14 AM6/17/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
So long as it's being done and enjoyed, no?

Erica Gott

Jun 17, 2011, 3:07:38 AM6/17/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com
You can't see enough of small home living, IMO. Looking forward to seeing it, Luke.
Erica

Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end.

Check out my year of world travel here: http://globalforager.com

Jun 17, 2011, 11:20:11 AM6/17/11
to techn...@googlegroups.com, Erica Gott
Yes.. it has been done many times - but that in no way should discourage you from living your dreams!

For some inspiration, check out http://www.chaster.us - he created a container art high-tech village at Slab City (near the Salton Sea in southern CA) that is completely off-grid. Charles was a former technomad before settling down to become Container Charlie.  He passed away a few weeks ago (breaks my heart).

Luke Iseman

Jun 17, 2011, 7:53:24 PM6/17/11
to the technomads
correct me if i'm wrong, but none of these are open-sourced, well-
documented, or collapsible unto themselves, correct?

thanks for the input(s),
luke