SEP 14 Heads

Kent Champion

Nov 22, 2016, 3:23:25 PM11/22/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Morning all,

Just a heads up to all those that are using SCCM and Sep 14.0 in their environments.

Upon upgrading SCCM to version 1610 and SEPM to version 14.0 and our clients to SEP 14.0 we started experiencing a pop up stating that the "UpdateTrustedSites.exe" has stopped working.

All our clients run Windows 10 1607 build 14393.

I have also noticed the error only occurs when logged in as a regular user.  You don't get the issue if logged into the computer as an administrator.

7B2805BC.PNG

As a temporary solution placing a file exception into the Policies under Exceptions in the SEPM Console and assigning it to the appropriate groups.

This appears to have "fixed" the issue for now and hopefully there will be an official fix further down the track.

2016-11-10_13-13-31.png

Hope this helps anyone that has found themselves in my situation.

Regards

Kent Champion
HelpDesk Analyst/Network Administrator
Kent.C...@waimea.school.nz

Waimea College
Salisbury Road
Richmond, Nelson
Phone +64 3 544 6099 ext 846
Fax +64 3 544 1052
www.waimea.school.nz

Facebook Waimea College

The information contained in this mail message (and attachments) is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies of this mail immediately.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not
relate to the official business of Waimea College are neither given nor endorsed by Waimea College.

Jonathan

Nov 22, 2016, 5:45:40 PM11/22/16
to Techies for schools
Handy to know if schools start calling the helpdesk at all.
Thanks Kent.

Bevan McNaughton

Nov 22, 2016, 6:03:33 PM11/22/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Also to note, in our case the new semapisrv user for NT SYSTEM wasn't created until after the install so came up with errors to run the API services. A bit of a back to front fix but not to hard.
Bevan

On 23 November 2016 at 11:45, Jonathan <jonathan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Handy to know if schools start calling the helpdesk at all.
Thanks Kent.

Bevan McNaughton
Intranet Manager
MCP, MTCNA, CAP, UEWA, Google Ed.

Southland Girls' High School
328 Tweed Street
Invercargill 9812

Fax:     +64 3 216 9010
Mobile: 027 223 2144

Matt Strickland

Dec 11, 2016, 7:03:14 PM12/11/16
to Techies for schools
HI all,

Just a quick question - has anyone deployed a fresh sep client on a new deployment image with v14?

I can reply with a log later - but I export a usual client package with full definitions that matches the deployment folder for a new client (SEPM is AD OU integrated)
The client package file is up-to-date and should have everything inclusive for that specific deployment.

But upon installation completion it asks for a reboot for remediation changes/updates - which forcefully reboots ~45mins later.

Both the package and SEPM are fully up to date, but it still does this even though that particular OU has a no-reboot policy applied. (likely this is ignored until after installed)

This didn't happen with v12? Just me and something I've missed?

Matt

Landyn Frisby

Dec 12, 2016, 3:44:26 PM12/12/16
to Techies for schools

You can customise the restart settings for the export install packages. Found under Admin>Install Packages>Client Install Settings

Matt Strickland

Dec 12, 2016, 7:47:00 PM12/12/16
to Techies for schools
Thanks Landyn, Ill give it a go on the export package, as I only had the no-restart applied to the policy that the export package connected to.

Looks like it should work :)