Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.0

Jonathan

Nov 16, 2016, 6:59:13 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
Hi Everyone,

On the first of November Symantec released Endpoint Protection 14.0 for Windows and Mac.
The MOE ICT Helpdesk has just in the last few days had the download details provided to us for this new version.
If you would like to get SEP 14.0 please either email callict(at)tki.org.nz or call 0800 22 55 42 Option 5, and please make sure to specifically mention Endpoint Protection version 14 as 12.1.6 is still valid along with its activation keys for SEPM until it expires in a year or so.

Regards,
Jonathan

Garth Johnson

Nov 16, 2016, 7:18:04 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
Hi Jonathon

Are you sure? I just emailed, and this is the reply I got:

Hi Garth, currently SEP 14.0 has not been made available to MOE.  The latest version we have available is 12.1.6

Kind Regards

Tim Wiesehan
Ministry of Education ICT Helpdesk for Schools

Ph: (0800) 22 55 42 - Option 5
Email: callict(at)tki.org.nz
Web: http://www.minedu.govt.nz/

Jonathan

Nov 16, 2016, 7:22:34 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
Hi Garth,

Yes I am sure, I just told Tim off for saying that.
I'm in the process of getting our details setup right now, the email will be sent to you in the next hour or so.

Regards,

Jonathan

Garth Johnson

Nov 16, 2016, 7:24:30 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
Hiya

Thanks..

Jonathan

Nov 16, 2016, 8:25:43 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
On its way to you now Garth, in unfortunately two emails because I forgot the license file for SEPM.

Garth Johnson

Nov 16, 2016, 9:53:43 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
Hi again

Cool, thanks for the speedy resolution. Have got the install packages uploaded OK.

Cheers

Garth

Landyn Frisby

Nov 16, 2016, 10:11:58 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
You can also download the files from the directly from Symantec File Connect using your serial number

Jonathan

Nov 16, 2016, 10:25:18 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
No, you need the new serial which has to be provided by us, the existing serial that everyone has is for 12.1.6 MP6 only, 14 is totally different, and so is the slf file for SEPM.

Landyn Frisby

Nov 16, 2016, 10:53:09 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
Yes, I just figured that out for myself. Sorry for the misinforamtion