Facebook and Linewize

Patrick Dunford

Mar 8, 2018, 2:26:56 AM3/8/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Good evening all

I have noticed recently with a filtered internet connection through a
Linewize system that the following Facebook features have stopped working:

* Chat

* photo uploading

Question is whether Linewize have changed the Facebook classification
settings of late so that our admin will have to go back and turn some
things back on?

thanks

Stephen Moran

Mar 8, 2018, 2:53:02 AM3/8/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

There have been a few issues recently with the VPN signatures picking up FaceBook and Google IP addresses and blocking them which may be the cause of your issue if your actively blocking VPN.

--
Stephen Moran
Sent with Airmail

Craig Knights

Mar 8, 2018, 3:10:26 AM3/8/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes I've noticed that too.  Will ask them about it tomorrow.

Craig

Andrew Godfrey

Mar 8, 2018, 4:13:52 AM3/8/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
The Google drive and chat thing where they were classified as VPN servers happened last Thursday and again today but linewize support are quite responsive and fixed it quickly.

Patrick Dunford

Mar 8, 2018, 9:03:39 PM3/8/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

I haven't done anything but it seems to be fixed now.

Craig Knights

Mar 8, 2018, 9:13:26 PM3/8/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes was all good this morning for us too.

Craig