Re: [techies-for-schools] N4l helpdesk

Message has been deleted

Julian Davison

Apr 21, 2016, 9:51:22 PM4/21/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Did you email N4L?

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 1:49 PM, WHS Ict Technician <i...@westlandhigh.school.nz> wrote:
 Sad to say, I've learnt that getting a fast reply from N4L requires posting here

Does no one man the phones? I've been on hold, waiting for reception top pick up, for 16 minutes, listening to the most offensive hold music - some passive aggressive guy whinging about a girl not being into him.

definitely putting me off N4L, abuse of my hearing is not ok.

WHS Ict Technician

Jonathan Webster

Apr 21, 2016, 10:45:57 PM4/21/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Aw shucks! Sorry for the long wait, reception hunt group had an issue, we were all here :)

All fixed now so shouldn't happen again.. As for the hold music, we do take requests, what would you prefer to hear? Think of something short, our average hold time is only around 20 seconds :)

Have a great long weekend!

On 22 April 2016 at 13:49, WHS Ict Technician <i...@westlandhigh.school.nz> wrote:
 Sad to say, I've learnt that getting a fast reply from N4L requires posting here

Does no one man the phones? I've been on hold, waiting for reception top pick up, for 16 minutes, listening to the most offensive hold music - some passive aggressive guy whinging about a girl not being into him.

definitely putting me off N4L, abuse of my hearing is not ok.

Jonathan Webster
Senior Engineer - Infrastructure, The Network for Learning Ltd

M: +64 22 040 3300
P: PO Box 37118, Parnell, Auckland 1151

W: http://www.n4l.co.nz

WHS Ict Technician

Apr 21, 2016, 10:49:20 PM4/21/16
to Techies for schools
i only learned what a hunt group was yesterday, when our VoIP went in

thanks Jonathan.

as for music. 1990's trance would be inoffensive. Bach, mahler. Something without whingy singers :)

Julian Davison

Apr 21, 2016, 10:51:17 PM4/21/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
The National Anthem.

Nick Steenson

Apr 21, 2016, 10:54:36 PM4/21/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
20 seconds? You could play the Jeopardy song, or the "Are they coming back next week" song from "Sale of the Century"...

Nick

Ray Nickson

Apr 21, 2016, 10:54:53 PM4/21/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
The National Anthem.
... of Uzbekistan.

Pete Mundy

Apr 21, 2016, 11:03:23 PM4/21/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

During the holidays you could play Alice Cooper's 1972 hit...

60% volume might be a welcome change ;)

Pete

Jonathan Webster

Apr 21, 2016, 11:17:56 PM4/21/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Have a short list of songs already licensed for use. The hold music is also different depending on which option you choose, so there could be more than one right answer

Inline images 1

@Pete, I like where you're going with that!