Password Self Service Reset Anyone using or have recommendations

Kevin Whelan

Mar 31, 2015, 5:31:14 PM3/31/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
BYOD is causing problems with users forgetting their AD logons or expiration. This causes issues with all SSO objects, Azure/office365, Schoology, write that essay etc. so been researching some sort of web portal user password reset system
needs to be accessible from BYOD rather than just through GINA,
There are so many different types with varying levels of security. The ones that integrate into AD all seem to be very expensive and the cheaper ones use SQL.
some have sms or email 2 factor auth,
Microsoft FIM seems to need Cals and looks rather OTT

Anyone using a product or have any recomendations

Pete Eaton

Mar 31, 2015, 5:46:21 PM3/31/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I remember creating a simple ASPX page (IIS hosted) to do this in my previous life as a developer and it was pretty trivial.

I had a quick look to see if I could find the code for it, but couldn't.  However it turns out that there are several free just like it when you search for "aspx reset AD password" like:
which you can just put on IIS.

If you can't find anything suitable, I could fire up Visual Studio and create something for you easy enough.

Pete

Kevin Whelan

Mar 31, 2015, 9:31:39 PM3/31/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks but that only works if you know your current password, I need authoritive question answers etc for reset of lost password
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to techies-for-schools+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Jonathan Brighouse

Apr 6, 2015, 8:50:24 PM4/6/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com